1. Carefully drill a hole through the center of the cork
lengthwise using a small bit drill.
2. Slide one or more decorative beads over the loop of the
3. Cut approximately 1 foot of ribbon and slip one end into
the tassle loop (above the beads) then bring ends of ribbon
4. Thread the ribbon (now attached to the tassle) through
the darning needle and bring up through the center of the
cork then pull till the beads and tassle are in contact with
5. Slip one or more decorative beads over the ribbon then
knot the ribbon several inches up leaving a loop to hang from
Christmas tree branch.
6. Cut excess ribbon above the knot and use Fray Check (available
at Joann.com) to prevent ribbon from fraying. You may also
carefully use a lighter or match to slightly singe the ends
of the ribbon to prevent fraying.
7. Glue the beads to the top and bottom of the cork to ensure
they remain centered and in place.