Easy and Fun Halloween Ideas to Make from Paper
Guest post by Maggy Woodley of Red Ted Art.
Crafting doesn’t have to be time consuming, complicated and expensive! We selected Halloween paper crafts for you and your kids to make together and all of these Halloween crafts are simple and easy paper based crafts. Pick one or more to make and have fun decorating your home this Halloween!
Some of the basic paper supplies you will need:
- Construction paper
- Origami paper
- Glue stick
For an exact list of supplies, check a list for each of these fun and easy paper crafts.
- Are your kids familiar with paper folding art? Origami can be very complicated but there are simple ideas you can try with kids like origami ghost garland. And it’s more cute than spooky!
- Another fun origami idea for beginners you can try this Halloween is a black cat origami. Black cats are flat and you can use them for your Halloween party invitations!
- Crafts that double as toys are so much fun both to make and play with! We have a template you can use to make a bat paper puppet with movable wings. Just imagine how much fun your kids will have playing with them!
- Afraid of spiders? Make this goofy little 3D paper spider and hang it to chase away flies! Simple craft that can be done as a Halloween project both at home or in the classroom, if you are a teacher.
- Nightmare before Christmas is a great movie choice for family night around Halloween. After watching, invite kids to make Nightmare Before Christmas inspired wreath for your front door. It’s super easy to make!
- Flying bats landed on your book! You can quickly make a bunch of these simple bat corner bookmarks and spread them around local library to spook the readers!
- Inspired by the most famous monster found in literature make a Frankenstein cup and ball game for kids to play! This simple to make game is a great way to practice hand-eye coordination!
- Witches are always popular theme for crafting around Halloween! Even the youngest will have fun making an easy witch paper craft using basic paper supplies.
- And there is also a flying witch! Use a paper cup to make a flying witch and hang it on your porch to spook the kids coming for trick and treat for Halloween!
- If you would like to change up a way you hand out treats this Halloween, make a bunch of ghost treat bags! They are easy to make and if you want to avoid sewing, you can simply glue the edges!
We hope you have found here ideas for Halloween for your home! Or are you a teacher? All of these Halloween paper crafts are a good match for your classroom as well. And, if you are always on the lookout for more ideas, we suggest grabbing a copy of a new book created by Maggy from Red Ted Art called Easy Paper Projects.
In this book you can find many more paper based crafts for every day and also for holidays and special occasions. You will surely be happy with selection and enjoy spending time crafting and making new memories with your kids.