Top 10 Hallmark Movies & Real Hallmark Towns!
During the Christmas season there is nothing that I love more than Hallmark Christmas movies!
Hallmark Christmas Movies All Year Long: See our 2019 Hallmark Schedules
I love Hallmark Christmas movies so much that I wake up every morning during the holiday season at 4 am just to watch a movie before I have to start my day!
Every Hallmark movie has a good ending so I am always put in a cheerful mood and filled with happiness! Therefore, I can’t think of any other way I would want to start out my day.
So this morning I got up at 4 am and I watched a fantastic Hallmark Christmas movie while enjoying a delicious cup of cranberry cider, and it really was the best start to my day!
So if you’ve never watched Hallmark Christmas movies, here is a list of 10 Hallmark Christmas movies. These are all favorites of mine, although; know that there are soo many more great ones!
The best way to find a ideal town like Hallmark Movies is find a favourite Hallmark Movie then look up the Filming Location (which can be found on many sites including I’ve Seen It On Hallmark).
Top 10 Hallmark Christmas Movies
- A December Bride – Layla is dreading the Christmastime wedding of her cousin who’s marrying her ex-fiancé. Layla goes to the wedding with Seth who is actually the one who introduced her cousin and her ex-fiance. Seth gets carried away at the reception and announces they’re engaged, when they really aren’t!
- Matchmaker Santa – Melody has a boyfriend and thinks that things are great as he invites her to his lake house for the holidays. But the boyfriend delays and sends his best friend Dean to take Melody to the lake house instead. Meantime, Melody and Dean get stranded in a cute Christmas town where they begin to discover that they may actually be meant for each other.
- A Christmas Detour – Is about two travelers whose flight lands in the same airport during a snowstorm. Paige is desperate to get a flight to meet her fiance’s family for the holidays, while Dylan is bitter from a recent heartbreak. The two end up on an adventure together and both are surprised by love.
- Debbie Macomber’s Mrs. Miracle – Is about a widowed man who is struggling to find a housekeeper and nanny for his 6-year-old twin boys. The wild boys run off all prospects until Mrs. Merkle shows up, who the boys end calling “Mrs. Miracle.” Who then in the end really ends up being a miracle during the holidays.
Watch These Online with Amazon:
- Finding Father Christmas – Is about a woman named Miranda who is faced with a painful reminder of the family she never had during the Christmas season. Her mother died when she was young, without ever reveling the identity of her father. But, three days before Christmas, Miranda unexpectedly receives a clue about her father’s whereabouts. She ends up in a beautiful New England town where she meets Ian, a young man who helps with her search.
- Engaging Father Christmas – Last Christmas, Miranda fell in love with Ian, the local man who helped her as she searched for her father, James Whitcomb, who was a famous actor. Miranda then has to promise the existing family that she won’t spill the secret about her father being a famous actor.
Watch These Online with Amazon:
- Christmas Under Wraps – Dr. Lauren Brunell is counting on a prestigious hospital fellowship but when that plan doesn’t go through she goes to a remote town in Garland, Alaska. She soon finds out that she loves being a small town doctor. Later on she has to make the choice to stay for love or take the fellowship she once dreamed of.
- A Very Merry Mix-Up – Alice is nervous about meeting her in laws for the first time at Christmas, and what makes things worse is that she will be getting there before her fiance. Alice breaks her phone at the airport but thankfully runs into her fiance’s brother. (Or at least who she thought was the brother). She actually ends up spending days with the wrong family. Then ends up disappointed when she meets the actual family of her fiance.
- The Christmas Card – Is about a soldier named Cody serving in Afghanistan who is touched when he receives an anonymous Christmas card. Once Cody gets back to the United States he heads off to Nevada City, California (where the letter had come from). He then unexpectedly runs into the girl who sent him the card (not yet knowing it was her). Later he falls in love, but he has one big roadblock! She has a boyfriend who eventually proposes solely out of jealousy over the handsome soldier.
- Snowed Inn Christmas – This one is actually a Life Time Christmas movie but the two main actors are Hallmark actors whom I love, Andrew Walker and Bethany Joy Lenz. The movie is about two journalists who are sent out of town to complete a special writing assignment about Christmas. Their plane has to take an emergency landing in Santa Clause, Indiana. In Santa Clause, the two competitors find love, Christmas spirit, and are given an opportunity to save a historic inn.
Watch these Online with Amazon:
Real Hallmark Towns
I love each of the movies above and I end up watching them over and over all year long! Part of the reason why I love the movies so much is because of the charm in all of the sweet small towns.
Something about a Hallmark Movie taking place in a charming small town just makes it so much more enjoyable.
So if only all those Hallmark towns were real, right?
Well, I found that two of them are!
Towns like Hallmark Movies
Nevada City, California is in The Christmas Card
Santa Clause, Indiana town from in Snowed Inn Christmas.
These two towns also appear in The Travel Channel’s Facebook Favorite’s: Towns With Holiday Spirit.
So if you’re looking for a new place to visit this year, try out one of those towns! I know that I am going to try to!
If travelling to a charming town can’t happen, at least join me in watching Hallmark Christmas movies. There is no better way to get into the Christmas spirit!
About the Guest Author
Audrey from “Audrey’s Little Farm” is a cowgirl and homesteader. She spends time gardening, baking, tending to her chickens, and working on a cattle ranch.