Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
This is a Guest Post by Hayley of Nourish Your Glow
Soft and chewy Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies. One of the best flavour combinations ever. They make the perfect healthy snack or dessert. They’re perfect for the holiday season & nobody can ever tell that they’re healthy!
On 7 ingredients are needed to make these delicious cookies, they are really easy to make too! Overloaded with white chocolate chips and tangy dried cranberries, they are perfect for entertaining at Christmas and also make a lovely gift.
After baking the cookies will appear soft and undone in the centre, but will eventually firm up as they set. Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet after you remove them from the oven.
Recipe- Quick, easy and delicious, healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies. The only cookie recipe you will need this Christmas
- 3/4 cup coconut oil softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed dark coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups (250g) buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (135g) white chocolate chopped into chunks or white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (105g) dried cranberries
- In a large bowl mix the coconut oil and the brown sugar until combined.
- Beat in the egg
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- The cookie dough will be quite thick at this point. Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix until combined. Cover cookie dough and chill for at least 2 hours. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes– if the cookie dough chilled longer than 2 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use around 1 tbsp of dough per cookies and roll into balls.
- Place 10-12 on each baking sheet.
- Bake in batches for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven, leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes until they firm
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before enjoying
- Leftovers will stay fresh for at least 4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature or at least one week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you like these Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, check out the recipes below:
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies recipe. What are your favourite Christmas Recipes?