LA MADELEINE© Red Pepper Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fennel seed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- 6 red bell peppers - seeds and ribs removed
- 2 tbsp. minced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and
add the onions, fennel seeds, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, basil,
red pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Sauté the
vegetables over low heat until wilted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add flour and stir over low heat about 10 minutes to
cook the flour. Add the chicken stock, whisking until smooth,
along with the tomato paste and fresh tomatoes.
- Cook the soup over medium heat, partially covered for
about 45 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor. Return puree to
pan and add cream and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt
and pepper to taste
Makes about 5 quarts
Soup recipes and more. Looking for holiday cooking recipes?
We have pulled all of our best christmas recipes into one
place. Make Xmas extra special with these recipe ideas and