CHILI'S© Enchilada Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. of chicken breast fillets (approx. 3 fillets)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina (flour found in baking section
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled corn tortilla chips
- pico de gallo
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat.
Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per
side. Set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium
heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become
translucent. Add chicken broth.
- Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl
and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions,
garlic and broth.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices
to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add
it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes
or until thick.
- Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded
cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de
Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt
Enchilada soup recipes and more. Looking for holiday cooking
recipes? We have pulled all of our best christmas recipes
into one place. Make Xmas extra special with these recipe
ideas and more.