Lemon Snow Drop Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat the 1 cup butter with an electric
mixer for 30 seconds or until softened. Add 1/2 cup powdered
sugar and lemon flavoring; beat well. Add flour and salt.
Beat until well mixed. (If necessary, stir in last part
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased
cookie sheets. Flatten to 2-inch circles with the bottom
of a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Bake in 375°
F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool cookies on wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, stir together 2/3 cup
granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir in lemon peel and
juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Gradually stir about
half of the hot mixture into beaten egg. Return all of the
egg mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more;
do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Cover surface with plastic
- To assemble cookies, spread about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling
on flat sides of half the cookies; top with remaining cookies,
flat sides toward filling. Store filled cookies in the refrigerator.
Makes about 24 sandwhich cookies
drop Cookie recipes and more. Looking for holiday cooking
recipes? We have pulled all of our best christmas recipes
into one place. Make Xmas extra special with these recipe
ideas and more.