Great American White Chunk Makadamia Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces solid white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with
a mixer on high speed.
- Add the coconut, egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking
powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until dough
forms. Mix in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Preheat oven to 300° F while you let the dough rest
for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Measure out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and form
a ball. Drop each ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie
sheet about 3 inches apart and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Do not overbake! Cookies should come out of the oven appearing
slightly browned, yet undercooked. When cooled the cookies
will be soft and chewy like the original.
Makes 16-18 cookies
White Chunk Makadamia Cookie recipes and more. Looking for
holiday cooking recipes? We have pulled all of our best christmas
recipes into one place. Make Xmas extra special with these
recipe ideas and more.