Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 72 small pretzel twists
- 72 candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 36 small red gum drops
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer
on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa
powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until
combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs
and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour
as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in
any remaining flour.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Wrap portions in waxed
paper or plastic wrap. Chill for 3 hours or until dough
is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion
into a circle 6 inches in diameter. Using a knife, cut each
circle into 6 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on an
ungreased cookie sheet.
- For antlers, on each triangle lightly press a pretzel
into the upper corners. Press in chocolate pieces for eyes.
For a nose, press a red gumdrop into the dough triangle
about 1/2 inch from the point.
- Bake in a 375° F oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until
edges are firm. Do not overbake. Cool on cookie sheet for
1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
Makes 36 cookies
Chocolate Reindeer Cookie recipes and more. Looking for
holiday cooking recipes? We have pulled all of our best
christmas recipes into one place. Make Xmas extra special
with these recipe ideas and more.