Almond Crunch Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 7-1/2-ounce package almond brickle pieces (1-1/3
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, granulated sugar
and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until
well combined. On medium speed, beat in eggs until combined.
Add baking soda, vanilla and salt; beat well. Beat or stir
in flour. Stir in almond pieces by hand.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured
surface, with lightly floured hands, roll each portion into
a 12x1-1/2-inch log (dough will be soft).* Wrap and place
logs of cookie dough on a cookie sheet; chill for 4 to 24
hours or freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove one log of dough from the refrigerator. Cut into
1/2-inch-thick slices and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Flatten cookies slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until
the edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for
1 minute. Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
Note: If you like, omit rolling dough into logs.
Chill portions of the dough for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
Remove one portion of dough from the refrigerator. Roll it
into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Flatten cookies and bake, as for slices.
Makes about 80 cookies
Almond Crunch Cookie recipes and more. Looking for holiday
cooking recipes? We have pulled all of our best christmas
recipes into one place. Make Xmas extra special with these
recipe ideas and more.