Crunchy Cherre Party Mix
Easy-to prepare snack is a holiday favorite.
- 4 cups bite-size corn or rice square cereal
(such as Corn or Rice Chex)
- 2 cups bite-size wheat square cereal (such as Wheat
- 2 cups broken whole grain Melba toast
- 2 cups small fat-free pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- Put corn or rice cereal, wheat cereal, Melba toast and
pretzels in a large bowl; stir to mix. In a glass measuring
cup or small bowl, stir together melted margarine or butter,
Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion
powder and ground red pepper. Drizzle over cereal mixture.
Toss to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture in a 15x10x1-inch (or a 13x9x2-inch)
baking pan. Bake in a preheated 300° F oven about 25
minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven;
stir in dried cherries.
- Pour onto aluminum foil to cool completely. Store in a
tightly covered container for up to 1 week.
Note: For a whole new flavor, substitute 1 tablespoon
jerk blend seasoning mix for the chili powder, garlic powder,
onion powder, and red pepper.
Makes 20 (1/2 cup) servings.
Courtesy of the Cherry
Cherry party mix recipes and more. Allthingschristmas provides
you with recipes and great ideas for christmas cookies that
can be made by mom's, dad's and kids. Christmas wouldn’t
be the same without that family cooking time.