Maraschino Thumbprint Cookies
These rich chocolate cookies are pretty
as well as delicious.
- 2 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1 teaspoon juice.
Put butter and sugar in medium bowl. Beat with an electric
mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended.
Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, salt
and baking powder; add flour mixture to butter mixture.
Beat until well mixed.
- Put chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan. Heat,
stirring constantly, over low heat until chocolate melts.
Stir in reserved maraschino cherry juice. Let cool slightly.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on an ungreased baking
pan. Push in center with your thumb; spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate
mixture into each thumbprint and top with a cherry.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 10 to 12 minutes,
or until cookies are firm. Remove to wire racks. Let cool
completely. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Courtesy of the Cherry
Maraschino Thumbprint Cookie recipes and more. Allthingschristmas
provides you with recipes and great ideas for christmas
cookies that can be made by mom's, dad's and kids. Christmas
wouldn’t be the same without that family cooking time.