Holiday Coffee Cake
This taste-tempter will win rave reviews
at a holiday brunch.
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (8-ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Drain maraschino cherries; discard juice or save for another
use. Reserve 8 to 10 maraschino cherries for garnish; chop
remaining cherries. Combine chopped cherries, cream cheese,
almonds, sugar, and almond extract; mix well.
- Separate each can of crescent roll dough into 2 rectangles;
press firmly at edges and perforations to make one large
rectangle. Roll or pat into a rectangle about 15x13 inches.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Roll up dough
starting at long side of rectangle. Place seam-side down
on greased baking sheet. Form into a ring, firmly pressing
ends together. With scissors or a sharp knife, cut almost
through ring at 1-inch intervals. Turn each section slightly
on its side.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 20 to 25 minutes or
until golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil during
last 5 minutes to prevent over browning. Carefully remove
from pan to wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and almond extract
to make a glaze. Drizzle over coffee cake. Garnish with
reserved whole cherries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes about 15 servings.
Courtesy of the Cherry
Holiday Coffee Cake recipes and more. Allthingschristmas
provides you with recipes and great ideas for christmas
cookies that can be made by mom's, dad's and kids. Christmas
wouldn’t be the same without that family cooking time.