Cherry Coffee Cake
Old-fashioned goodness with
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry filling and topping
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For topping, combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and
nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Cut in butter
to make a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- For batter, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt
in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs. Add milk and eggs; mix just until dry ingredients
are moistened. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy. Spread
half the batter into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking
pan. Spoon cherry filling evenly over batter. Top with remaining
batter. Sprinkle reserved topping over batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 30-35 minutes, or
until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.
Courtesy of the Cherry
Cherry Coffee Cake recipes and more. Allthingschristmas
provides you with recipes and great ideas for christmas
cookies that can be made by mom's, dad's and kids. Christmas
wouldn’t be the same without that family cooking time.