Ribbon of Cherry Cheese Cake
Maraschino cherries, bananas and macadamia nuts
are a perfect trio in this quick bread.
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine almonds, graham cracker crumbs and butter in a
medium bowl; mix well. Press crumb mixture evenly over the
bottom and two inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform
pan. Set aside.
- Puree cherry pie filling in an electric blender or food
processor until smooth. Pour pureed cherry pie filling into
a medium saucepan. Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
and cornstarch; stir into cherry pie filling. Cook, stirring
constantly, over low heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract. Set aside to cool.
- Put cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, amaretto, lemon
juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric
mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until well mixed.
Add eggs all at once; beat on low just until mixed.
- To assemble the cheesecake, pour one-third of the cream
cheese mixture into prepared crust. Top with about 1/3 cup
cherry puree. Swirl cherry mixture into cream cheese mixture,
using a knife or spatula. Repeat layers twice, ending with
cherry puree. Reserve remaining puree.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 60 to 65 minutes,
or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
Let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon a generous tablespoon of puree on individual
serving plates. Cut cheesecake into wedges and place on
top of puree. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 16 servings.
Courtesy of the Cherry
Ribbon of Cherry Cheese Cake recipes and more. Allthingschristmas
provides you with recipes and great ideas for christmas
cookies that can be made by mom's, dad's and kids. Christmas
wouldn’t be the same without that family cooking time.