Top Ten list of Christmas Trees
The National Christmas Tree Association suggests that this season,
"36 million U.S. families plan to focus their holiday traditions
around a real Christmas tree". ..""about 23 percent
of the consumers will purchase their trees from a 'Christmas
tree farm' while about 62 percent will buy trees from a retail
Favorite Christmas Tree in US
1. Fraser Fir - needles are silvery-green
and soft to the touch.
2. Douglas Fir -deep green in color and has
unusually lovely branch shape.
3. Balsam Fir - beautiful dark-green color
with airy, flexible branches.
4. Colorado Blue Spruce - nice pyramidal
shape with strong limbs.
5. Scotch Pine - needles can be sharp as
pins, but it resists drying
6. White Spruce - narrow conic in young trees.
7. White Pine - used in garlands, wreaths
due to their long, feathery, soft needles.
8. White Fir -good foliage color, a pleasing
natural shape and aroma
9 . Virginia Pine - yellow-green needles
are paired in fascicles and are often twisted.
10 . Eastern Red Cedar - The fine-grained,
soft brittle pinkish red to brownish red heartwood is fragrant,
very light and very durable.
Source: survey at forestry.about.com
Ten Reasons why a Christmas Tree is Better Than a Man (for
10. A Christmas tree smells better
9. A Christmas tree requires very little
maintenance, just a little water, and they're happy.
8. A Christmas tree takes up less room.
7. A Christmas tree doesn't invite all of
it's friends over for you to feed, while they sit around watching
6. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you
break one of its balls
5. A Christmas tree adds charm to the home
4. A Christmas tree never whines.
3. A Christmas tree doesn't care if your
hair is a mess, and you don't feel like putting on your make-up.
2. A Christmas tree won't eat the last cookie.
1. They give you a warm feeling with out
asking anything in return.
Top Ten Reasons why Christmas trees are better than women
10. A Christmas tree doesn't care how many
other Christmas trees you have
had in the past.
9. Christmas trees don't get mad if you use
exotic electrical devices.
8. A Christmas tree doesn't care if you have
an artificial one in the closet.
7. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you
break one of its balls.
6. You can feel a Christmas tree before you
take it home.
5. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you
look up underneath it.
4. When you are done with a Christmas tree
you can throw it on the curb
and have it hauled away.
3. A Christmas tree doesn't get jealous around
other Christmas trees.
2. A Christmas tree doesn't care if you watch
football all day.
1. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you
tie it up and throw it in the
back of your pickup truck.
Top Ten Signs It's Time to Take Down Your Christmas Tree
10. It has eaten the cat.
9. The squirrels living in the tree are
starting to drop off from old age.
8. It has branched out and now covers most
of the living room.
7. You're missing furniture, and your tree
is unusually healthy.
6. No matter how may times you turn off
the garage light your electric bill is still high.
5. You're afraid the Trick or Treaters
will see the lights, assume you're home and demand candy.
4. The squirrels living in your tree have
started to take it down for you.
3. The room is too crowded between your
tree from this year and the one from last year.
2. Two words...tinsel rust.
1. Your leprechaun statue and your plastic
turkey seem to clash with it.