Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimming the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I have four trees: the tall pre-lit one, two in country baskets, and the one in the blue room with the vintage ornaments. The one in the blue room stays out year round. Well, I do have five small table-top trees, that don't require ornaments.These ones are in copper-toned pots(out of reach on top of the armoire!) and have pinecones:

Last year Wal-Mart had nice little aluminum rectangles with Christmas cut-outs and black velvet ribbons for hanging. They were child proof! I have different themes stored in my basement. BTW, because my living room is carpeted, my glass ornaments were fairly safe from a fourteen-month old grandson. We also had a thirteen-month-old grandson here last Christmas who didn't really mess with things. You will notice that one of those trees has Hungarian felt ornaments; that was how I decorated it two years ago. I did add a few little glass balls and some chocolate candy. This year I have to do a Hallmark tree because my daughter gave me Hallmark ornaments for Christmas. She must not realize how many ornaments I already have!

Have a great day!

I love the "signature" at the end here! And nice to meet you, Linda. :D

I have enjoyed seeing pictures of all of your trees and other decor. Have you created a photo album yet? If not, I would suggest doing so with all of the pics you have to share. I can't wait to see more of this year's decor!

My wife and I are thinking we'll put our non-breakable or not very fragile ornaments at the bottom of the tree this year and more than likely put up the sectional gate so our son won't tear down the tree. He's pretty good about listening, but he's still a young child and can be very curious so we'll see.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Nice discussions about tree trimming, i learned a lot. For those who are interested can also get more information from the following websites of exclusive Christmas decorations.

:santa: Tree Trimming

Well we buy artifical tree's. But i still love decorating it. I always decorate the tree's normally it is homemade and shop bought ornaments.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley-stocking View Post
    Well we buy artifical tree's. But i still love decorating it. I always decorate the tree's normally it is homemade and shop bought ornaments.
    The artificial trees that make nowadays are very pretty. We always get live trees because my wife loves the smell. With a 1-year-old this year though, I'm not sure how that's going to work out.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

The lovely thing about Christmas Trees is that somehow they always manage to look just right. My tree has every ornament my children every made, 30 years of that "special ornament" I got for hubby and me, the one ornament that I have hung on a tree for the last 50 years, victorian ornaments that decorated my great gran's milliner's shop in Texas, and horse ornaments. And every McDonald figurine that came in a happy meal.

My chic ever so sophisticated daughter (who hosted her first family Christmas last year) called and said she wanted her Christmas tree to look like mine. I tried to explain that it takes 30 years to develope. So I took her all of her ornaments and they looked silly -- but sweet -- mingled in among the pearl white, cranberry and sage green 3" balls.

Martha

I don't go with themes unless you call certain colors themes. Every year I change the color of my living room tree.

This year for my living room tree I'm doing it in the copper color with golds and maybe some clear ornaments.
    My tree in the basement usually gets about every color on it.
    My bathroom wall tree is usually done in white and blue and my kitchen wall tree is done in reds/ golds/ white.
    My larger wall tree is done in red and gold.
    My bedroom tree may be any color since I haven't decided what colors to trim it this year.
    And I have a 3 ft. tree with fiber optic lights, not sure what color it will be.

I just realized I put up 7 trees, that's a good number, I think I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by noelglori View Post
    I just realized I put up 7 trees, that's a good number, I think I'll stop there.
    Wow, that's a lot! We usually just have one live tree in our living room, although I do have a nice artificial tree that belonged to my parents. With a 1-year-old this year I'm not sure I'll get two trees put up though, so it'll probably just be the one live tree.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

My Christmas theme for this year is country/rustic .

:tree:

I like the small wall trees. Pictured is the one in my bathroom and I also put one in my kitchen. They take up very little space and they are up away from little ones. They add a festive glow to these rooms. I added small baskets on the bottom of them to make it look like they have a trunk and it's in a container. The baskets are held on by floral wire.

Last year as you can see my bathroom wall tree was done in teal and white colors, this year it may be different. I use clear lights on this one but the kitchen tree has colored lights and last year it was done in red and gold.

I have a larger wall tree that I put in my dining room but little hands can reach it.

That looks so pretty Gloria! How did you hang it on the tile wall?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com