Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Statuary

Very nice. My kids want to see snow and looks like it is all over this year. I loved looking at it but not so much shoveling it.

MW love how your baskets turned out. I would love a white CHristmas this year but that could count as fantasy here in NC!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Thank you, everyone! We don't have a white Christmas every year. But I'm hoping this year we'll have one. One year it snowed every day in December. I was the one who shoveled it. Now we have a snow blower.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

then you probably won't have a white CHristmas! at least that would be my luck. I pray everybody has a nice white dusting on CHristmas!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    With the snow in the picture, your name really fits Marshmallow world.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    With the snow in the picture, your name really fits Marshmallow world.
    I love it! The snow is sooooo beautiful! And every Christmas we get a new snow scene jigsaw puzzle to put together!

So far there has only been 1 snowfall here, and it's melted already. People here go overboard when it snows. With a slight dusting they are closing schools and offices. Was it that way when you lived here?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    So far there has only been 1 snowfall here, and it's melted already. People here go overboard when it snows. With a slight dusting they are closing schools and offices. Was it that way when you lived here?

My husband would agree with you. As you probably know, it's all relative to what people are used to. I grew up in Florida, and when I lived in Virginia I didn't think it strange that they closed the schools. But when I came here, I was surprised that they didn't close them. In the deep south(Alabama, Georgia), no one has any experience driving in snow. You don't want to be there when it happens!

The thing I didn't like in the DC area was the amount of rain in November. Cold rain isn't any fun! It really doesn't snow very much in Virginia compared to northern states.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 12-18-2008 at 04:36 PM.

that is true here in NC too just mention snow flurries and everybody runs to the stores to stock up on bread and milk. They close schools here for snow flurries too! I have seen more snow in Ohio then ever seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    that is true here in NC too just mention snow flurries and everybody runs to the stores to stock up on bread and milk.
    They do that here too. I even had a woman in front of me at Safeway with her cart FULL of bread, milk , toilet paper etc. It was like she was going to go in to a bomb shelter.She then asked the cashier "Will you be open tomorrow?" I had to try not to laugh, because I was thinking "What else could you possibly need?"
    Another thing that cracks me up, but also gets me a bit peeved, is they will close the government offices due to snow. The workers supposedly can't make it in due to the weather, yet for some reason the mall parking lot is jammed packed.