Thread: Help with inflatables

Help with inflatables

I was gonna start my deco this weekend and have been going through all my boxes and i realized i have WAY too many inflatables and i decided there is something i have always wanted to do, put one on my roof, i have this Grinch one where hes pulling a tree out of a chimney and i would really love to put it on my roof but have no idea how to go about that, cuz i cant put the stakes in the roof or anything. so if anyone has any tips or anything at all for me i would greatly appreciate it :]

could u use a staple gun and staple the strings to the roof? I have no other ideas I can't afford inflatables! but they are all so cute.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    could u use a staple gun and staple the strings to the roof? I have no other ideas I can't afford inflatables! but they are all so cute.
    i have thought about that but am unsure if it will be enough to hold it down, last thing id want is for it to fly off the roof and break :[

and you can get them for fairly cheap if you look for deals, especially December 26th, most of my best deco i bought for the following year lol, i got the grinch for 15 bucks when it normally costs 50

I would try the staple idea Bobbi suggested, and maybe secure the strings to the chimney or a corner of the roof. I've seen inflatables on people's roofs, but never tried it myself. Good luck!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Alot of people use a pallet to secure things to their roof. They are heavy enough and shouldn't cause any damage to the roof. You can also tie a rope and a couple of sandbags to the pallet and have the sandbags go over the peak of the roof to make sure it stays in place. Then staple the inflatable to the pallet to your hearts content! :D

E

Quote Originally Posted by theedwin View Post
    Alot of people use a pallet to secure things to their roof. They are heavy enough and shouldn't cause any damage to the roof. You can also tie a rope and a couple of sandbags to the pallet and have the sandbags go over the peak of the roof to make sure it stays in place. Then staple the inflatable to the pallet to your hearts content! :D

E
    I knew someone could offer better advice...Thanks Edwin!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

The Pallet idea might just work and i have a couple laying around, maybe i can put that up there and secure it down with sand bags hmmmm

So Irish,

How did the decorating go? Got any pics yet to share? I love inflatables!

E

Quote Originally Posted by theedwin View Post
    So Irish,

How did the decorating go? Got any pics yet to share? I love inflatables!

E
    almost, i dont wanna do pics till its done and i keep running into speed bumps and now theres a rain storm so i cant work on it till thursday, should definitely have some pics up by friday or sat at the latest though

try using the tie downs that come with the inflatables and tie them to opposite sides of the house on the gutters, thats what we did