Thread: For any Star Trek Fans...

For any Star Trek Fans...

Hallmark just released their FIRST LOOK at the 2014 set of Star Trek inspired Christmas Ornaments.

cae422599f52228518379af0217ec48b7240e55b.jpg
    • “The Devil in the Dark” — Mr. Spock attempts a Vulcan mind meld to communicate with the silicon-based life form known as a Horta in an ornament by Keepsake artist Valerie Shanks. Inspired by the episode of The Original Series, the ornament plays dialogue from this iconic scene. The ornament is 4 1/2” long and battery-operated (batteries included). It sells for $29.95.

sulu--vina1.jpg
    • Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu — The versatile and reliable helmsman operates a tricorder and communicator in this ornament sculpted by Keepsake artist Anita Marra Rogers. Sulu is the fifth in a Keepsake Ornament series titled Star Trek Legends, which each year features a TOS character. The ornament is 4 ¼” high and costs $14.95.

• Vina — This limited-quantity ornament celebrates the 50th anniversary of the production start of “The Cage,” Star Trek’s first pilot. It depicts the human woman as a dancing Orion slave girl as seen by Captain Christopher Pike in a Talosian-induced illusion. Sculpted by Keepsake artist Valerie Shanks, Vina stands 4” high and sells for $14.95.

uss-vengeance1.jpg
    • U.S.S. Vengeance — Keepsake Ornaments’ first starship from the 2013 feature film Star Trek: Into Darkness joins the line in 2014. This rendition of the Federation Dreadnought-class ship that met its end in San Francisco lights up with the press of a button. The ornament by Keepsake artist Orville Wilson is 6” long and battery-powered (batteries included). It sells for $32.95.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I enjoy the Star Trek movies - but not a fan of these ornaments- for Christmas anyway
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I love the Star Trek ornaments and have a lot of them. I love the U.S.S. Vengeance

Yeah OM, there is nothing exactly "Christmas'y" about them but they are neat little ornaments.

Crazy Mike, yeah the ship looks a cool one. Hallmark has been doing the official Star Trek Ornaments since 1991 and they have a couple dozen ships, I could see people doing a small theme tree with all of them on it.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I've never been a Trekkie, but I know lots of people who are. I'm sure these are big money makers for Hallmark.