Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for everyone...

Not that it's what you're referring to, but just thought I'd mention...before I signed in it said there were 0 members on and 66 guests. When I signed in it said it was just me online and no guests. I'm not sure that everything is fixed...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Maybe we should have a talk with Chantelle about forums Christmas facebook page. Page should be active 365 days a year, this could help a lot our forum I think. Maybe we should all help with oage, or at least those who have an account.

We could also help Chantelle, if we 1-2 people are willing to post in page from forums account. This would mean that 1-2 members from us get the password from forums page in facebook. I think we should ask for Chantelle to have a discussion about that.

Forum used to have much higher traffic than it does now. And it really deserves to get it back.
    I think that having the Facebook page be more active year-round is a great idea, and I would love to hear suggestions about the sorts of things that you'd like to see posted!

As for getting the Facebook Page name the same as the site (All Things Christmas) we're working on it - but its not as simple as just changing, you have a apply to facebook and can only ever chance it once. We do have the proper url facebook.com/allthingschristmas pointing to our page though, so that's something!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Cool...Whatever we can do to evolve with the times and keep this group of Christmas lovers connected!! I know there are a lot of "regulars" who simply don't check in here much anymore. Maybe Facebook will get us all re-engaged more frequently. I still like to check in here for other things on the website, but the forums are just quiet now. THe good thing is that now that we're getting to Fall, I bet we'll see more people checking in here!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Cool...Whatever we can do to evolve with the times and keep this group of Christmas lovers connected!! I know there are a lot of "regulars" who simply don't check in here much anymore. Maybe Facebook will get us all re-engaged more frequently. I still like to check in here for other things on the website, but the forums are just quiet now. THe good thing is that now that we're getting to Fall, I bet we'll see more people checking in here!!
    Hope so!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It is kind of sad that a lot of former "regulars" seem to have disappeared.

Well, at least our Facebook Name Change went through!!! You can find us as "We Love Christmas - All Things Christmas" and we have the url: www.facebook.com/AllThingsChristmas

Hope that helps users find us here, and find us there too! I'll be using the Facebook page more and more as we lead up to Christmas - would love any suggestions you have!||
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

See you on Facebook Chantelle
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:snow:

As for me, I'm just glad to have my forum issues resolved (the problem, I think, was nothing more than a spam filter on a new provider). Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, so long as the forums are here. I've never gotten into all the fads on the internet. What I want, I have. But they're fine for those who enjoy them, of course.

I bet the Facebook thing will scare some people because they will lose their anonymity.

As someone who has always used her Real Name online, on every page, it definitly doesn't scare me. But that's why its great that we have both Facebook and the Forum for ANYONE and EVERYONE!