Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for everyone...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Question for everyone...

I know it's been quiet around here lately...and it's tapered off significantly in the past 1-2 years. Based on my involvement with other message boards, it seems a lot of them have migrated to "groups" on Facebook.

Does anyone here think that may be a contributing factor around here? Has anyone here ever discussed the possibility of starting our own (member's only) group on Facebook? OR....would that not be a good idea?

I just feel like I haven't kept in as close of contact with so many of you here that I really wish I could interact with more frequently.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion that I've met here at ATC.

Also, I'm not suggesting we abandon ATC. I just know that Facebook has become such a part of everyone's lives and they seem to check it so frequently. It might be another way to keep in touch.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I Have several ATC friends who are also my friends on facebook - they don't seem to be on facebook that often - but who really knows for sure
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

i'm hardly on FB...I like this forum, with the Christmassy theme etc

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

I'm not on FB so I'd rather things stayed here..
    I haven't visited regular because I'm dealing with health issues that where thrust upon me a year ago, still trying to get
    meds to work.

I love it here, I do pop across to other forums but I love this one the best..
    Merry Christmas to all...

I think, our facebook page needs desperately a push, its such a pitty that last post has been on November 2013. Maybe, we should seriously think of this, as, facebook is the mirror of our site.. :(
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I would never suggest we stop using this forum. I just think we might see a higher member interaction level if there were more activity on Facebook. However, I also know that a few of you on here prefer the smaller, closer-knit feel you get from just a handful of people posting here. I know some of you say you aren't on Facebook, but maybe you should reconsider that. It's really a "one-stop shop" when it comes to keeping your finger on the pulse of your favorite interest groups. I need to see what our existing FB page looks like.

Well...the first thing I noticed is that another group has already used the name "All Things Christmas" on Facebook. I think the Facebook page should still use the same name as here. "We Love Christmas" is hard to connect to this website.

I am on Facebook but I would also love rather to stay here,this is my Christmas home
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I agree. I'm just thinking of ways to keep more people engaged. It seems like a rare occurrence that I come here and someone else is actually here. It spikes a bit in December, but overall, it's nothing compared to the way it was a few years ago. I remember when I joined...every day there were dozens of people here, even in the summer months.

The only reason I started this thread was to get some feedback. I used to frequent other boards dedicated to outdoor Christmas decorating and lighting. They've all migrated to Facebook, and as a result, there is a lot more interaction.

I just want to think of ways to keep in touch with more of my ATC family.

Maybe we should have a talk with Chantelle about forums Christmas facebook page. Page should be active 365 days a year, this could help a lot our forum I think. Maybe we should all help with oage, or at least those who have an account.

We could also help Chantelle, if we 1-2 people are willing to post in page from forums account. This would mean that 1-2 members from us get the password from forums page in facebook. I think we should ask for Chantelle to have a discussion about that.

Forum used to have much higher traffic than it does now. And it really deserves to get it back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)