Thread: Favorite Christmas CDs?

Favorite Christmas CDs?

A buddy is looking to buy some new Christmas CDs and he asked his Facebook friends for their favorites. I told him that I like the classics like Perry Como, Dean Martin and Percy Faith Orchestra. As for newer music, I really like Dave Barnes' Very Merry Christmas CD.

Any other recommendations I can pass his way?

One of my most fav albums is CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS at Radio City Music Hall (1958)

I would also suggest you to take a look at Michael Buble. A GREAT voice, sings simply wonderful Christmas songs.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    DO they have a Goodwill near you? If so, there are always tons to choose from there because so many people have thinned out their CD collections because of digital music storage. You can usually get them for $0.99 each. I always gravitate to the "classics" and by that I mean the crooners of the '40's, '50's and '60's. Bing, the Rat Pack, Andy Williams, Perry Como. Look for compilations instead of whole albums by one artist.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Vince Guaraldi's soundtrack to Charlie Brown Christmas. It's just not Christmas without it.

Also, my son and I used to make music together. We have a small home recording studio and really had a lot of fun. He played keyboards and I played everything else. I must say, listening to our 2010 and 2011 Christmas CDs really puts me in the Christmas spirit.
    Last edited by E.S.; 12-03-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    One of my most fav albums is CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS at Radio City Music Hall (1958).
    Well, it's being sold on Amazon for $699.99 for the cd- I'm thinking it must be really good!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    Also, my son and I used to make music together. We have a small home recording studio and really had a lot of fun. He played keyboards and I played everything else. I must say, listening to our 2010 and 2011 Christmas CDs really puts me in the Christmas spirit.
    What a nice thing to do together!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Well, it's being sold on Amazon for $699.99 for the cd- I'm thinking it must be really good!
    Lol!

Also, Tonny Benett Christmas album, he's awesome!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

My favorite Christmas album is Charlie Daniels "Christmas Time Down South". I own it but I can not find it!!! I'm thinking it may have broken. I need to go on Amazon and see if they have it there!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Mistletoe - It was a blast jamming with my son. He was good, but he lost interest.

Another CD I'll add is the Berlin Philharmonic's Christmas Concert CD from 1988 (I think, I'm almost positive that was the year) The opening Medley - consisting of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, O Christmas Tree and Jesu, the Joy of Man's Desiring - is absolutely majestic. Great stuff!