Thread: How was your Christmas?

How was your Christmas?

Sadly mine was spoiled this year after I was rushed to hospital with suspected appendicitis; so instead of spending Christmas with my siblings I was instead placed under Nil By Mouth observation in case I needed urgent surgery. Fortunately it appears to have been a severe case of gastric 'flu, so at least I avoided an operation.
    Last edited by Moley; 12-28-2014 at 07:42 PM.

I hope your feeling better,please take care.Mine was fine very busy but,i enjoyed every moment.

Sorry to hear Moley! Feel better. Very busy Christmas Eve as my daughter and I prepared a big seafood buffet for 13 of us. Christmas Day was quiet. Had fun playing board games with my daughters and their boyfriends.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well it could have been worse! At least I kept my giblets. Looking at it philosophically, I've not has an unexpectedly spoiled Christmas up to now (the first after Mum died was awful and poignant, but I was expecting it to be) and there has to be a first time for everything. This must be the only time I've lost weight over the holidays! People struggle and pay money for that...

Funny you should say that. I've had a bad cold for over a week and as a result, I've had no appetite - 6 pounds down for me - also the only time I've lost weight during the holidays
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm sorry you were sick, but glad you didn't need surgery, Moley.

I was all alone on Christmas Eve, but my neighbor called me at noon Christmas Day and asked if she could bring me some Christmas dinner. Wasn't that nice? On Friday my youngest came with her family. We exchanged gifts and I let the three kids play with some new 3-D wooden puzzles. We had gingerbread and punch.

Today my son and his family came and my eight-year-old grandson was excited when he opened his card and saw the money inside. His two-year-old sister opened her gifts and then she went exploring to see if I had other toys to play with. She wasn't naughty, but she sure was busy moving a little chair so she could touch my decorations (some of them are Fenton glass).

My mother called and told me she had never decorated her tree and has decided she'll hire someone to do it for her next year if she's still living because it's too hard for her to do. She thinks someone stole her ornaments. I don't know what to say because every week something comes up missing and she's always certain that someone stole it. But she's been saying that since I was a young girl.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    My Christmas was magical...and of course it all ended too soon.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!