Thread: Need help on gifts for nursing home staff

Need help on gifts for nursing home staff

I was wondering if anyone has ideas for Christmass gifts for the staff of a really great nursing home? I'd like to get them some small, individual gifts (maybe small ornaments or something?) which aren't just horribly expensive.

My mother's been a resident there for almost 3 years and these people are just great! I'm also hoping to be able to take something for the residents, but that's a lot easier. This'll be the third year I've been trying to get something done, so maybe if I start early enough I actually will! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ornaments are always a great, inexpensive idea. Something I've done in the past in similar situations was to make up small candy baskets. You could use Christmas themed plastic bowls, mason jars or other containers. Fill with a variety of wrapped Christmas candies; wrap the whole thing in clear cellophane wrap (or use one with a small, simple print - such as snowflakes) Tie with holiday ribbon and add a thank-you note
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Ornaments are always a great, inexpensive idea. Something I've done in the past in similar situations was to make up small candy baskets. You could use Christmas themed plastic bowls, mason jars or other containers. Fill with a variety of wrapped Christmas candies; wrap the whole thing in clear cellophane wrap (or use one with a small, simple print - such as snowflakes) Tie with holiday ribbon and add a thank-you note
    Thanks! I'm not terribly talented when it comes to making gifts, but that'd be easy enough. Bet they'd love it! And I love those plastic bowls. People have given me verious things in them over the years, and I use them to keep snacks in. Keeps a touch of Christmass in the house all year.

Santa57 - yesterday I went to craft night at our local library. We made a Layered Candle. VERY easy and inexpensive. We took mason jars and filled them with a layered assortment of dried lentils, yellow lentils, red beans, rice, stones, etc. Then add a small candle in the middle near the top. Tie raffia or ribbon at the top. Everyone was saying what cute Christmas gifts they would make. Takes a maximum of 30 minutes to make one. I think I may make a few myself this year - with a Christmas theme - red beans, green lentils, white rice and multi-colored ribbon! Or, make one to match the recipients decor.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Santa57 - yesterday I went to craft night at our local library. We made a Layered Candle. VERY easy and inexpensive. We took mason jars and filled them with a layered assortment of dried lentils, yellow lentils, red beans, rice, stones, etc. Then add a small candle in the middle near the top. Tie raffia or ribbon at the top. Everyone was saying what cute Christmas gifts they would make. Takes a maximum of 30 minutes to make one. I think I may make a few myself this year - with a Christmas theme - red beans, green lentils, white rice and multi-colored ribbon! Or, make one to match the recipients decor.
    Oh, I love those! Candles, that is. Years ago, as a young kid, I got a candle-making kit at a great hobby shop. Some of those are still around. But I could do something like these quite a bit easier. I might even make some of these for other people. Great ideas!