Thread: 24/7 Local Christmas Stations - ADD YOURS!!!

Hybrid View

24/7 Local Christmas Stations - ADD YOURS!!!

Hey AllthingsChristmas'ers! (??) I figured I'd start a thread where we can post our cities and if there is a station playing round the clock Christmas tunes we could let each other know. This will be helpful for anyone traveling or going to a different city. Plus if you have the I heart radio app for a smart phone/tablet you can listen to most of these public radio stations.

As for me Dayton Ohio, Mix 107.7 started with the 24/7 Christmas format last week. I've been enjoying it everytime I'm in the car.

I updated the title so people know what this thread is about!

For my Area, CHFI 98.1 Toronto has already started their 24/7 Christmas Music.

Although I usually listen to AccuHolidays online (or on my iPhone).
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by polrwht07 View Post
    Hey AllthingsChristmas'ers! (??) I figured I'd start a thread where we can post our cities and if there is a station playing round the clock Christmas tunes we could let each other know. This will be helpful for anyone traveling or going to a different city. Plus if you have the I heart radio app for a smart phone/tablet you can listen to most of these public radio stations.

As for me Dayton Ohio, Mix 107.7 started with the 24/7 Christmas format last week. I've been enjoying it everytime I'm in the car.
    hey, my youngest son and I will be at my sister's in Dayton, Ohio, for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas and New Year's!
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 11-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    hey, my youngest son and I will be at my sister's in Dayton, Ohio, for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas and New Year's!
    Well, I guess I know what radio station you'll be listening to!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Well, I guess I know what radio station you'll be listening to!
    actually, most likely not, since we don't listen to the radio when we're there and, although I like listening to it some when I'm driving, it's not really my type of Christmas music that they play on these stations. We would just listen to the Christmas music that's already in the house and that I bring with me (Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, Luciano Pavarotti, Kim Robertson, Hermann Prey with Vienna Boys Choir, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Canadian Brass, Boston Pops, old fashioned music box Christmas, and many more) I don't like modern Christmas music at all; and as far as the old crooners go, like Bing, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc... they are great for when you're driving and one of their songs comes on around Thanksgiving and you turn up the volume and sing along and are instantly cheered because you know it's officially Christmas time. I like them, but not enough to buy and play at home.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    actually, most likely not, since we don't listen to the radio when we're there and, although I like listening to it some when I'm driving, it's not really my type of Christmas music that they play on these stations. We would just listen to the Christmas music that's already in the house and that I bring with me (Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, Luciano Pavarotti, Kim Robertson, Hermann Prey with Vienna Boys Choir, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Canadian Brass, Boston Pops, old fashioned music box Christmas, and many more) I don't like modern Christmas music at all; and as far as the old crooners go, like Bing, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc... they are great for when you're driving and one of their songs comes on around Thanksgiving and you turn up the volume and sing along and are instantly cheered because you know it's officially Christmas time. I like them, but not enough to buy and play at home.
    Steph, I think you would really like one of the stations on AccuRadio Holidays (they have over a dozen Christmas Stations tailored to tastes): "Classical Christmas Choral" & "Classical Christmas Vocal" - you should check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Steph, I think you would really like one of the stations on AccuRadio Holidays (they have over a dozen Christmas Stations tailored to tastes): "Classical Christmas Choral" & "Classical Christmas Vocal" - you should check it out!
    thanks, Chantelle! I used to listen to that and had forgotten about it. I have also created stations on Pandora, plus I have a lot of Christmas cd's and also have some on my computer. It would be nice if there was a radio station around here that played my kind of Christmas music for when I was in the car. I can't even get a classical station, period. the USF station I get, when it does play music and not NPR, only plays jazz. I know they also have a station that plays classical, but it doesn't come in for me. not that I really listen to classical music much, year round

No sweat! They're rocking it pretty hard 24/7 it's been great!