Poll: Do you use real trees or an artificial tree?

Thread: Real or artificial Christmas tree?

Real or artificial Christmas tree?

Since at least before my birth, my family have always used an artificial tree (except for a couple of years when I lived with my mother and her partner, who had a real tree). Obviously, it saves a lot of money and still looks very nice, but the main thing I miss about a real tree is the smell. You just can't beat it. I think you can sprays to make the room smell of a real Christmas tree, but I've never come across one.

Edit: Didn't mean to make the poll multiple-choice. Please only select one option!
    Last edited by HolidaySeason; 11-14-2013 at 06:29 PM.

I can only remember having artificial but hubby has only has real (well up until i came along )

It's too cold to go tree shopping in December.

Artificial Trees in the Bedroom/other decor - Real tree in the living room.
    I never EVER had a real tree growing up (mom was allergic), my first year going to the Tree Farm was 2005, and I've gone every year since.
    I do have to say though, it is a huge hassle. It's worth it, but I can see myself switching back to Artificial trees when my kid is all grown up, or out of the house.
    (She's only 6 months now, so I'll be a long while!)
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Artificial - just can't physically handle a real tree anymore~
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

We had an artificial tree growing up and even though I had fun helping my mom put it together I always wondered what having a real tree would be like. Wellllllllllll, married hubby and he only wanted a real tree so that's what we've had for the last sixteen years. I think he's slowing down but if I have to go get it myself I will. Our youngest is only six so I want to keep going as long as possible. I wouldn't mind having some smaller artificial trees throughout the house.

I always had a real tree when the kids were young
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Real as a child and getting it was an all day tradition...dad saying 'we're not having a tree this year', going, picking it out (this one, no this one, no this one), struggling to get in into the trunk of the car, getting it into the house, waiting for dad to make the tree stand, putting it up, getting it straight, decorating, then the Christmas tree day dinner. All good, all fun but I am too old to do all that so now do we bring down the box, take out the tree. etc., etc. Still fun just not so labor intensive.

artificial, beacuse is just so sad when you have to throw it away
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*