Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I am coming to America!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150

    I am coming to America!

    Next month I'm taking a trip to America and am leaving Australia on the 8th of December. It'll be great to be in a cold environment around Christmas time! I am going to NY and then Boston. What are some cool Christmassy things I can do in these areas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sloatsburg, NY, USA
    Posts
    16,568
    In New York you should go see one of the Christmas shows: Radio City Christmas Spectacular or The Christmas Story at Madison Square Garden. Be sure to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    north adams ma.
    Posts
    2,671
    Ornamentmaven said it well and there are towns that have winter festivals which are always fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    In New York you should go see one of the Christmas shows: Radio City Christmas Spectacular or The Christmas Story at Madison Square Garden. Be sure to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree

    That's perfect, I've seen both and they're THE MOST Christmassy!
    The Tree is a MUST.

    All of New York decorates for Christmas, but the Window Displays are the best!!!
    And - No One does Christmas like MACY's they have an entire floor JUST for Christmas Shop.
    The Christmas Markets are fantastic too (Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, Central Park & More).

    I've never been to Boston, but I am sure they have a bunch of stuff - here's a brief list.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sloatsburg, NY, USA
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    That's perfect, I've seen both and they're THE MOST Christmassy!
    The Tree is a MUST.

    All of New York decorates for Christmas, but the Window Displays are the best!!!
    And - No One does Christmas like MACY's they have an entire floor JUST for Christmas Shop.
    The Christmas Markets are fantastic too (Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, Central Park & More).

    I've never been to Boston, but I am sure they have a bunch of stuff - here's a brief list.
    Oh - yes - don't forget Macy's. It's in the old original building on 34th Street - just like the movie!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Oh - yes - don't forget Macy's. It's in the old original building on 34th Street - just like the movie!
    THEY HAVE WOODEN ESCALATORS - FOR REAL!

    (I am getting more and more sad that I wont be visiting NYC this year.)
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    THEY HAVE WOODEN ESCALATORS - FOR REAL!

    (I am getting more and more sad that I wont be visiting NYC this year.)
    scary!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    Next month I'm taking a trip to America and am leaving Australia on the 8th of December. It'll be great to be in a cold environment around Christmas time! I am going to NY and then Boston. What are some cool Christmassy things I can do in these areas?

    You'll be ahead of me! I've gone to NYC(twice) and Toronto(once) in the summertime. I've been to Washington, D.C. at Christmas, once inside the White House, and a couple of times for musical performances(including Nutcracker Suite) but not to the shops.


    Enjoy your trip --- New York is awesome.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150
    Thanks for the replies, everyone!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    scary!!
    Yes, Mike, they are a bit scary (I think they rattle a little) but so so nostalgic


    My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr