The Candy-Stripe Cookie Sticks are one of the all time holiday favorites, and also can be enjoyed delight throughout the year.
- Only whites of 8 eggs
- 2 (200 ml) cup full of sugar
- 2 (200 ml) cup full of flour
- According to your taste, Pinch of salt (coarse)
- 10 medium sized tablespoon full of butter (unsalted, melted and cooled)
- 1/4 (200 ml) cup(s) of heavy cream
- 2 medium sized tablespoon(s) full of heavy cream
- 1 medium sized teaspoon(s) full of pure vanilla (extract)
- Red (food coloring gel-paste)
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven at 4000F. Take egg whites alone and sugar in a bowl, with electric mixer. Beat it at a medium speed till it becomes foamy. Now, reduce speed and in low speed add flour along with salt and mix it well until all combined. Then add butter, some cream, vanilla and beat it until all mixed.
- Shift 1 cup of batter to bowl. Add and stir introducing red color. Transfer colored batter to a pastry bag.
- Place a 3/6 inch rectangle shapes cut out and made stencil on a baking sheet. Now pour one tablespoons full of batter into that cut out a rectangle, and spread it. Repeat it. Pipe diagonal shaped tinted stripes in each rectangle. Bake the cookies till it turned to pale golden color; it might take 6 - 8 minutes to impart golden colour.
- Immediately undo edges of the spatula, and turn cookie over. Roll it from one long side of cookie onto the stick. Please note placing the seam side facing down, and allow it to cool until it sets. Repeat same process with second cookie.
- Repeat the process, coloring and baking of 3 Cookies maximum at a time. Cookies should be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for 1 week.
- Candy stripe cookie sticks is ready to be served. Carry them in your holidays fo fun as well as to keep the nutrition value upraised.