Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signs of Christmas 2015

Signs of Christmas 2015

Yes, it's started already! A neighbour who is a steam traction engine enthusiast lent me his February edition of Old Glory magazine; and there inside was an advert for a musical Christmas tree. Also I've noticed Christmas films being shown on some of the Freeview channels. I wonder if there's a time of the year when they're not shown!

Is it the case in the US that you can get some sort of Christmas fix at any time of the year?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Yes there are companies that advertise and sell Christmas items year round - like The Bradford Exchange (collectables). There are also year round Christmas shops -especially at vacation spots (like Disney World)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    It spikes in the Summer though, with all the Christmas In July things happening. QVC has a whole weekend in July dedicated to Christmas stuff. The Hallmark Channel has a week in July where they show all Christmas movies for the whole week. Several retailers use that as a theme for a sales event too. I certainly don't mind.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Haven't seen much out there lately - but July will be a big month. I'm looking forward to the Hallmark ornament premier party, they sent me a few coupons so I may buy early this year

I've been watching Christmas movies all weekend on the 2 Hallmark Channels. Next weekend is Hallmark's ornament premiere. When is QVC's Christmas in July weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I've been watching Christmas movies all weekend on the 2 Hallmark Channels. Next weekend is Hallmark's ornament premiere. When is QVC's Christmas in July weekend?
    What a joy!!! How lucky you must feel, knowing that every July, you can watch Christmas movies on TV..
    You know, this sounds really funny, as, here, you can hardly watch a Christmas movie on TV, during Holidays.........
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I am noticing fall type things slowly creeping in to the stores, so Christmas items shouldn't be far behind.

One local grocery store has a small Christmas display set up with a tree, some toys and wrapping paper.

And so it begins!

My run-up to Christmas begins with the launch of the Argos autumn/winter catalogue. I've not got mine to look through yet, but a quick online wurdle reveals this...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search.../christmas.htm

And I've seen an advert for this...

http://www.bradford.co.uk/products/0...+Clock&N=11251

A new one there, combining Halloween and Christmas!
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Been watching QVC's Christmas in July weekend. Also received a Christmas catalog from Current a few days ago - been selecting Christmas cards and wrap