Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 356

Thread: How are you Feeling & Why?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,398
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    feeling happy; yesterday my son and I flew to Ohio, my 2nd oldest drove down from Michigan and picked us up from the airport and drove us to my sister's to surprise her. It was dark when we arrived; we went to get out of my daughter's van, and my son noticed someone had come out of the house, so we were hiding behind a tree, (it was one of my nieces going to work) then we went up the steps to the house and I pounded on the door as loud and obnoxiously as possible. the daughter that picked us up from the airport was standing in front of the door, so, when I banged on the door, I moved off to the side, so whoever answered the door would think it was my daughter who was being so annoying (lol) it was bitter cold and very windy, by the way. no one answered the door, so I pounded several times, as loudly as possible again and my daughter who was with us said, "they have heard us" so she had heard someone inside. well, my youngest daughter, who lives at my sister's, had heard the pounding and had come to the door but not opened it. my daughter who was outside with us says loudly and good naturedly, "it's COLD out here!" and my daughter inside asks, "Who is it?" to which my older daughter says, "it's STILL cold out here!" and we were cracking up. so, then my daughter finally opens the door, has a very surprised and happy look as my older daughter walks in, my son and I were still off to the side, so she didn't know we were there, too. my daughter's were hugging when my son and I come in, and when my younger daughter see us, she exclaims, "MOM!!!" and she was SO happy, gave me the biggest hug, at the same time, my sister comes down the stairs, and has the most surprised look, smiling and she keeps saying, "Stephanie??!!! what are you DOING???? she just can't get over it! and she calls up to our mom, "Come downstairs, Stephanie, Dylan, and Kristen are here!!!" and, my niece had come back to the house, when she saw it was us, so she could give hugs before going to work. everyone was surprised and happy to see us, so it worked out perfectly.
    Oh, that's so lovely to hear, steph I hope you have a lovely time with your family..
    Merry Christmas to all...




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Oh, that's so lovely to hear, steph I hope you have a lovely time with your family..
    thank you, Tink

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sloatsburg, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,407
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    feeling happy; yesterday my son and I flew to Ohio, my 2nd oldest drove down from Michigan and picked us up from the airport and drove us to my sister's to surprise her. It was dark when we arrived; we went to get out of my daughter's van, and my son noticed someone had come out of the house, so we were hiding behind a tree, (it was one of my nieces going to work) then we went up the steps to the house and I pounded on the door as loud and obnoxiously as possible. the daughter that picked us up from the airport was standing in front of the door, so, when I banged on the door, I moved off to the side, so whoever answered the door would think it was my daughter who was being so annoying (lol) it was bitter cold and very windy, by the way. no one answered the door, so I pounded several times, as loudly as possible again and my daughter who was with us said, "they have heard us" so she had heard someone inside. well, my youngest daughter, who lives at my sister's, had heard the pounding and had come to the door but not opened it. my daughter who was outside with us says loudly and good naturedly, "it's COLD out here!" and my daughter inside asks, "Who is it?" to which my older daughter says, "it's STILL cold out here!" and we were cracking up. so, then my daughter finally opens the door, has a very surprised and happy look as my older daughter walks in, my son and I were still off to the side, so she didn't know we were there, too. my daughter's were hugging when my son and I come in, and when my younger daughter see us, she exclaims, "MOM!!!" and she was SO happy, gave me the biggest hug, at the same time, my sister comes down the stairs, and has the most surprised look, smiling and she keeps saying, "Stephanie??!!! what are you DOING???? she just can't get over it! and she calls up to our mom, "Come downstairs, Stephanie, Dylan, and Kristen are here!!!" and, my niece had come back to the house, when she saw it was us, so she could give hugs before going to work. everyone was surprised and happy to see us, so it worked out perfectly.
    Sounds so sweet Steph!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Sounds so sweet Steph!!!
    thanks, OM!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sloatsburg, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,407
    I'm feeling a little stressed by all that needs to be done in the next 9 days - but loving it at the same time (Thanksgiving dinner for 15; tree, village and decorations up; a thyroid sonogram on Monday; and my Cape May Christmas trip)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,398
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I'm feeling a little stressed by all that needs to be done in the next 9 days - but loving it at the same time (Thanksgiving dinner for 15; tree, village and decorations up; a thyroid sonogram on Monday; and my Cape May Christmas trip)
    I'm sure you will conquer it all, OM and best wishes for the sonogram on Monday...
    Merry Christmas to all...




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Steph, that's so wonderful --- would have loved to see their faces!

    OM, I hope your sonogram turns out okay.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,545
    thanks, Merry

    OM, I hope it turns out well.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,519
    A little sad, some personal problems the last 3 days, hope it will get better..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    A little sad, some personal problems the last 3 days, hope it will get better..
    I'm sorry to hear that, Olga, my friend Hope everything goes well for you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr