I don't know the best recipe for these, but I grew up on no bake cookies and I think they are the best for Christmas. Every Christmas, my mother would make these for us.
If you have never heard of them, you should definitely try them. Here is one recipe I found online. This looks like the right one:
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup margarine
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pinch salt
* 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
2. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
I found this one on allrecipes.com
You can search to find more, as there are more than one way to make them I guess.