Thread: How Christmas entertainment has helped me cope this year.

How Christmas entertainment has helped me cope this year.

So it's a sad story... But I love this forum, and I've been exceedingly touched by the holidays this year, and I wanted to share. In July my wife and I decided to separate, and since have decided that a divorce is the next logical step. It's been very difficult, but it is what's best for she and I to be happy in the future. The saddest part of it is that we have a one year old son together who I went from seeing every day to only seeing about 3-4 days a week. It has left me feeling very empty and broken hearted.

The first time I left him with his mom was really tough. I went to my dad's where I'm staying in the meantime, and basically sat and balled for about two days. The second time I knew I couldn't just sit around and blubber, so I had to come up with a game plan to help me heal and though nothing would ever replace my son, I needed something to at least distract me from how much I was hurting.

That's where holiday entertainment comes into play. Obviously I'm slightly obsessed with Christmas, seeing as how I'm on here all the time, it's not difficult to understand, so I decided to bring some of my holiday movie collection with me to my dads and try and raise my spirits and it worked! That first weekend I watched Christmas Vacation, Jingle All the Way, and Home Alone. Even though I still missed my son, it made me feel a lot closer to him because these were movies we had watched together.

So now every Saturday night after his mom picks him up I put on some of my favorite holiday movies and relax and I'm not nearly as devastated as I was previously.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm sorry for your situation - but I'm happy that the Holiday Movies make you feel better.
    We're always here to help lift your spirits and talk about Christmas!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I'm sorry for your loss, too. Change can be very stressful. Next month the Hallmark channel will be showing Christmas movies.

Glad it helped!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas