Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laughing at ourselves in the kitchen!

Laughing at ourselves in the kitchen!

I invited my sister to dinner, but when I opened the oven door, my meatloaf was completely raw! You're supposed to turn the oven on!

Can you top that?

hahaha, oh my; so, what did you end up doing, Merry? I imagine I have done something similar, I just can't remember right now.

Well, I said, "Guess what! My meatloaf won't be done for at least an hour."

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I invited my sister to dinner, but when I opened the oven door, my meatloaf was completely raw! You're supposed to turn the oven on!

Can you top that?
    LOL!!..merry..well dunno if i can top that but..christmas 2010 i thought i turned the oven on, i went into the kitchen 2hrs later and thought i can't smell the turkey cooking,i looked over at the oven door..NO light on..i thought OMG..dinner that year was running 2hrs late..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    LOL!!..merry..well dunno if i can top that but..christmas 2010 i thought i turned the oven on, i went into the kitchen 2hrs later and thought i can't smell the turkey cooking,i looked over at the oven door..NO light on..i thought OMG..dinner that year was running 2hrs late..

Something VERY similar happened to me last year. We finished with the Turkey, and popped in the Ham for the last hour (just to heat it through, they basically come fully cooked) - except I had actually shut the oven OFF when the turkey was done, so we had a COLD HAM with our Hot Turkey. HAahaha
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Something VERY similar happened to me last year. We finished with the Turkey, and popped in the Ham for the last hour (just to heat it through, they basically come fully cooked) - except I had actually shut the oven OFF when the turkey was done, so we had a COLD HAM with our Hot Turkey. HAahaha
    LOL!!!..glad its not just me then..

frosty, I didn't smell my meatloaf either!

COLD HAM with Hot Turkey...ROFL

My meatloaves were jinxed for awhile. We had company another time and when I took the meatloaf out of the oven it looked like a black piece of cardboard. I sent my husband out for carry-out/take home while my friend was insisting that we could eat the cardboard!

Years ago I had oven where you had to switch a lever to clean the oven. It was Thanksgiving and tge turkey was done. We were sitting down to eat when the smoke started to fill the apartment., I had mistakenly switched the lever to "clean" and there was so much grease in the oven from the turkey that everything smoked up. Embarrassing
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Ha! Ha! om, why do things that embarrassed us at the time seem so hilarious now?

My friend in Texas asked me if you can get the lumps out of potatoes in the blender. I was skeptical. She did it anyway and put too much milk in. Then she put the potato "soup" and a boat of gravy on the table!

Another friend thought she could grind ham in the blender. She pushed the ham down with a wooden spoon and ended up with ham and splinters!

Another friend said she accidentally dumped cornstarch into her dessert when she meant to use confectioners' sugar.

Cooking is an adventure. Who's cooking tomorrow?