Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laughing at ourselves in the kitchen!

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Years ago I had oven where you had to switch a lever to clean the oven. It was Thanksgiving and tge turkey was done. We were sitting down to eat when the smoke started to fill the apartment., I had mistakenly switched the lever to "clean" and there was so much grease in the oven from the turkey that everything smoked up. Embarrassing
    LOL!!!..its funny now that we tell the stories about things that happened in the kitchen..but when on the day it happened its not so funny...

I'm a good cook, and rarely make mistakes in the kitchen - but my Mom was the worst! One Thanksgiving she used all the margarine/butter in the house to make the stuffing. Then she wondered why we had no butter left for the rolls, vegetables and potatoes when we sat down for dinner!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by frostythesnowman View Post
    LOL!!!..its funny now that we tell the stories about things that happened in the kitchen..but when on the day it happened its not so funny...
    And the worst part about that was that once you set the oven in the "clean" position - it locked in place for an hour!!!

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    and the worst part about that was that once you set the oven in the "clean" position - it locked in place for an hour!!!
    lol!!!!!

I had burnt food only twice this month.

"Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?"
    Mario Batali

My daughter think's she is a great cook, but... Even her boyfriend won;t eat her food. Every time she offers to make a holiday meal, my husband and I have to think quickly for an excuse!

My daughter think's she is a great cook, but... Even her boyfriend won;t eat her food. Every time she offers to make a holiday meal, my husband and I have to think quickly for an excuse!
    oh dear! ...do you think someday she will catch on? or that anyone will end up having to let her know?, (in a gentle way, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    oh dear! ...do you think someday she will catch on? or that anyone will end up having to let her know?, (in a gentle way, of course)
    She thinks the rest of us don't know good food when we taste it!