Thread: Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....

I only enjoy giving the younger grandchildren gifts. They always seem to be pleased...
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 10-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.

I feel for you, Merry. that's a tough one. sorry to say, I can't think of any solutions. I know when I was growing up, I was terrible about sending thank you notes, which was very rude, but I did appreciate the cards and money my grandparents sent me very much and I loved them dearly. but, how were they to know? your son-in-law sounds like he's just plain rude. I don't know, but if I were you, I might consider sending a couple dollars to those that don't use or don't seemingly care that you sent them something. then again, they probably would not understand what message you were sending. I also assume you have closer relationships with your younger grandkids than the ones who live farther away. (I am assuming the ones you never see or hear from live further away?) I know my father's parents spent a lot more time with my dad's two sisters and their families. we were sort of the black sheep of the family. I never understood why. gosh, I wish I could tell you something, anything that would be helpful

Thanks, steph. "I am assuming the ones you never see or hear from live further away?" Yes, they're too far for me to visit.