Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Hybrid View

To Buy or Not to Buy?

That is the question! I don't want to blow the budget, but all those decorations are out there and I have a desire to make everything look festive. And then I don't know if anyone cares!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    That is the question! I don't want to blow the budget, but all those decorations are out there and I have a desire to make everything look festive. And then I don't know if anyone cares!

well, of course we care, Merry. at least I know I do. What sorts of things are you wanting to buy?

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    well, of course we care, Merry. at least I know I do. What sorts of things are you wanting to buy?
    i care too merry..love to hear what you thinking of buying...snowman ornaments maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    i care too merry..love to hear what you thinking of buying...snowman ornaments maybe..
    I don't do many snowmen anymore. In fact, I gave a lot of my snowmen to my oldest daughter.

Here is a gift I gave her:

I gave some away that I had in 2006:

Gave this away:

Oops! I don't have time to search for photos. I'm actually going to be busy today and tomorrow cleaning and moving furniture! Sorry...I'll probably be back on Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    It's okay...I won't spend anymore on decorations. I got some fairly inexpensive faux gifts to put on my bench on the porch. And I have ribbon to make new red bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    It's okay...I won't spend anymore on decorations. I got some fairly inexpensive faux gifts to put on my bench on the porch. And I have ribbon to make new red bows.
    I love the way the Faux gifts look. Wish I had a nice place for some!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I love the way the Faux gifts look. Wish I had a nice place for some!

I have a 7' x 9' front porch with no railing (railing would be great for garland or lights). I may have posted a photo of my bench. Anyway, these "gifts" don't have lights inside (like I said, not too expensive).

Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-09-2013 at 08:32 PM.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    So...are you looking at a complete overhaul to your theme for this year??
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    So...are you looking at a complete overhaul to your theme for this year??
    No, it's just that I'm always wanting to try another way or display a little more. I'm fickle or unsure of everything I do. I know that people here at ATC appreciate Christmas decorations, but I don't think my family does and it confuses me. I'm like an alien asking, "Why not?" And it doesn't help that the neighbors for the most part, don't do much. Although I once posted a pic of the neighbors' house where they have a nice porch railing to put lights on, and a huge Blue Spruce that they put multicolor lights on. They also put a couple of deer in the yard, but the spruce tree hides the view of the deer from my house.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 10-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Hey, everyone. I couldn't get help moving any furniture. I guess I have to wait for moods to change.