Thread: Santa Quit Smoking!

Santa Quit Smoking!

Pamela McColl rewrote Clement Moore's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and got rid of his pipe. Why didn't she put him on a diet? His belly shouldn't shake like a bowl full of jelly!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Pamela McColl rewrote Clement Moore's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and got rid of his pipe. Why didn't she put him on a diet? His belly shouldn't shake like a bowl full of jelly!
    good point! if she wants to be politically correct, than do it right!

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    yup your right merry...kids love that story by the way merry..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    yup your right merry...kids love that story by the way merry..
    I love that story too! I always used to read it to my kids, nieces and nephews every Christmas Eve. Can't wait for grandchildren so I can do it again!

"...and the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath" - Anyone know how they changed this part?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I love that story too! I always used to read it to my kids, nieces and nephews every Christmas Eve. Can't wait for grandchildren so I can do it again!

"...and the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath" - Anyone know how they changed this part?

Apparently she just left that stanza out - the rest of the story/poem is the same in her version.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!