Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Year Hosting Thanksgiving!

First Year Hosting Thanksgiving!

Just bought all the decorations, table cloths, and folding table - I'm hosting 12 people for Thanksgiving this year (which is next weekend, here in Canada).

I'm very excited!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Just bought all the decorations, table cloths, and folding table - I'm hosting 12 people for Thanksgiving this year (which is next weekend, here in Canada).

I'm very excited!
    WOOO-HOOO!! sounds like a lot of work but FUN! (NOT fair that you guys get more time to have Christmas decs up when our Thanksgiving isn't until almost the END of November this year! lol)

I'm very excited!
    I'm excited for you. I have hosted Thanksgiving Dinner almost every single year since I was a newlywed! I love doing it - despite the amount of work! I can say without shame that I am the best cook in either family - so wouldn't have it any other way! Enjoy!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)

I'm very excited!
    hope it all goes well for you chantelle..believe me its a lot of work but its well worth it..i"m hosting 14/16 for christmas dinner...have a great time hosting your first thanksgiving...

I'm very excited!
    I'm excited for you!!!

Here's one of the two tables I have set up for the 12 people that will be in my condo this afternoon for thanksgiving.

I decided to do a Thankful Box - where people can write what they're Thankful For - and we'll read them out at dinnertime.

I made adorable pumpkin/acorn name holders for each place setting - here's a pic of me mid-craft earlier in the week:

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Very festive chantelle - enjoy!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

looks great, Chantelle! Happy Thanksgiving!!

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    looks lovely chantelle..happy thanksgiving..