Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to?...

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    snowangel has been missing for a while too...she was regular on here..

don't worry people, holidays are coming
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    don't worry people, holidays are coming

Snowangel runs in spurts - you'll see her a lot then not for a while. She should reappear soon also. frosty - you and I both joined during the month of November - that's a big month to join. Remember - you weren';t here last year at this time - so you haven't seen a full year's trend yet - don't worry
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Snowangel runs in spurts - you'll see her a lot then not for a while. She should reappear soon also. frosty - you and I both joined during the month of November - that's a big month to join. Remember - you weren';t here last year at this time - so you haven't seen a full year's trend yet - don't worry
    yup i know OM...i just have to be patient...

Maybe, we can find a way to post on our Facebook page and try to get people to forum?????? Just an idea..
    Maybe, we should talk to Chantelle, about that... Facebook could help a lot..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Maybe, we can find a way to post on our Facebook page and try to get people to forum?????? Just an idea..
    Maybe, we should talk to Chantelle, about that... Facebook could help a lot..
    thats a great idea olga..

I've been wondering what make people drop out, and where else do they go. It appears we are a small, but friendly backwater in the christmas site world. Perhaps we can recruit people from other forums as well? I wonder if some people are overwhelmed by the amoubnt of the "What are you?..." type of threads that imply a certain level of committment and intimacy to get involved in them, as well as perhaps crowding out more christmassy topics?

I'd like to be able to become more involved but I have severe problems just doing what I do now!
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I've been wondering what make people drop out, and where else do they go. It appears we are a small, but friendly backwater in the christmas site world. Perhaps we can recruit people from other forums as well? I wonder if some people are overwhelmed by the amoubnt of the "What are you?..." type of threads that imply a certain level of committment and intimacy to get involved in them, as well as perhaps crowding out more christmassy topics?

I'd like to be able to become more involved but I have severe problems just doing what I do now!
    I do think that we give off a very high feeling of intimacy and that is what keeps some people from joining/posting regularly. I joined three years ago. I was a guest for a month or so, then joined but didn't post too much at first because I thought I wouldn't be accepted. I had been a member of another Christmas forum several years earlier and it was not quite as close-knit as this one. I forgot my password on that one and never signed on again. It was bigger than our forum here ( I remember exchanging cards with more than 50 members - almost all from USA). But I like the international flavor here better. I have had someone send me a private message recently asking me to join another forum - it just made me mad. So I don't recommend it!! I'm actually friends with one member from the other forum on facebook - and two from here
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I do think that we give off a very high feeling of intimacy and that is what keeps some people from joining/posting regularly.
    yeah but this feeling of intimacy is excatly what shows how close we are here and that's something I personally like, it's just nice to come here and talk with Christmas friends, we are one big Christmas family here
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*