Thread: Sometimes you have an idea

:tree: Sometimes you have an idea

such as putting tiny stars all over your tree, but can't find what you want. So I bought several tiny star ornaments(red and green) made in India. Next year I hope to find some gold ones for my tree.

I know what you mean, Merry. about 10 years ago, my sister bought a couple strings of white star lights. she wanted that look of little stars all over. they are the clear mini lights, but on each light is a clear plastic star cover. I think they were martha stewart. anyway, I wanted some, but have not been able to find any for years. also, they weren't quite as small as my sister had wanted but they were still beautiful. and back in the 70's, I had a novelty string of little italian lanterns and I have wanted more. I have seen some on ebay, but not like I had. I bought them at frank's nursery and crafts, which has been out of business for many years now. I no longer have the string of lights, but I do have a handful of the lanterns so every year I cram (lol) them on a clear mini light here and there on the tree. some of the novelty lights for the past at least several years has me rolling my eyes or scratching my head. like, chili peppers. sorry, but why would I want them on my christmas tree??

Chili peppers look weird on an evergreen. I'd rather use them on a deck in the summertime. I want little star ornaments with rhinestones in the center. But it seems to me that my children and their spouses don't really care about Christmas decorations and I can't get the pictures off my camera so I won't be able to share with anyone.

I kinow... A few years ago, when I first put up my Madame Alexander doll tree, I planned a white tree with all-purple lites, purple glitter ornaments and the doll ornaments. Well I found purple lights at Halloween time - but they were on a black string. My tree was pre-lite - so I decided to swap out the bulbs. Big mistake!! The purple bulbs fit, but they were not exact - they were loose and some fell out - which meant all the lights went out. I couldn't get the original bulbs back in - so I ended up cutting the pre-lit lights off and installing my own string of multi lights (on a white string). A lot of regret over that fiasco!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I kinow... A few years ago, when I first put up my Madame Alexander doll tree, I planned a white tree with all-purple lites, purple glitter ornaments and the doll ornaments. Well I found purple lights at Halloween time - but they were on a black string. My tree was pre-lite - so I decided to swap out the bulbs. Big mistake!! The purple bulbs fit, but they were not exact - they were loose and some fell out - which meant all the lights went out. I couldn't get the original bulbs back in - so I ended up cutting the pre-lit lights off and installing my own string of multi lights (on a white string). A lot of regret over that fiasco!
    How frustrating that must have been! There are some things we'd love to forget.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Star lights would look beautiful on the tree. What a pretty glow!

A number of years ago, when we still swore by a real tree, we came home from spending Christmas at my mother's house AND we walked in to see the tree flat on the floor! I lost several cherished ornaments - including the Hallmark "Our First Christmas Together 1979". Of course I was devastated! The worst part was having to reset the tree (it was December 27th). In the years that followed, we had an idea. We set up the tree and ran support ropes from the wall to the tree. I hated the way it looked, but felt so much more secure. That definetly contributed to the use of artificial trees the last 10 or so years!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas