Thread: What The Holidays Mean To You?

What The Holidays Mean To You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatdotheh...meantoyouquiz/

What The Holidays Mean to You

For you, the holidays are about celebration. You enjoy all the fun and fellowship that the holidays bring.

You celebrate the holidays in a natural style. Homemade gifts are your favorite, and you can't stand imitation Christmas trees or wreaths

During the holidays, you feel magical. You love all of the decorations and how happy people are. You like to sit back and take it all in.

You think the holidays should be nostalgic and sweet. The holidays bring out your inner child.

Your best holiday memories are of childhood foods and traditions. You secretly still wish you believed in Santa Claus.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

What The Holidays Mean to You:

For you, the holidays are about emotional connections and bonds. You are happiest being around those you love.

You celebrate the holidays in a minimalist style. You are likely to only give one great present and decorate your house with a few special items.

During the holidays, you like to feel cozy and comfortable. You're happy to stay inside with a roaring fire and a warm drink.

You think the holidays should be nostalgic and sweet. The holidays bring out your inner child.

Your best holiday memories are warm and intimate. You remember special moments more than gifts or parties.

:tree:

What The Holidays Mean to You

For you, the holidays are about celebration. You enjoy all the fun and fellowship that the holidays bring.

You celebrate the holidays in a minimalist style. You are likely to only give one great present and decorate your house with a few special items.
    During the holidays, you feel magical. You love all of the decorations and how happy people are. You like to sit back and take it all in.

Your favorite holiday memories strongly evoke your senses. You are vividly aware of all the tastes, smells, and sounds of the holidays.

What Do the Holidays Mean to You?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:santa:

Your Holidays Are Lively

You celebrate the holidays in an over the top style. If something is cute, you'll buy it. People end up with a lot of gifts from you - and your house is like a holiday wonderland, full of decorations.

During the holidays, you like to feel cozy and comfortable. You're happy to stay inside with a roaring fire and a warm drink.

Your favorite holiday memories strongly evoke your senses. You are vividly aware of all the tastes, smells, and sounds of the holidays.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Your Holidays Are Lively

You celebrate the holidays in an over the top style. If something is cute, you'll buy it. People end up with a lot of gifts from you - and your house is like a holiday wonderland, full of decorations.

How accurate is that for your holidays?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:holly:

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    How accurate is that for your holidays?
    They are lively, but over the top with gifts isn't true. I'd rather give surprise gifts for no reason throughout the year instead of tons per person at Christmas (making the Christmas Spirit live on ) And although I love to be in front of a fire, there are situations that will get me to brave the cold- caroling, sleigh rides, sledding, building a snowman, etc.

I like the line in yours about feeling magical- that's true for me- I just want to take all the happiness in.

Was yours accurate?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    They are lively, but over the top with gifts isn't true. I'd rather give surprise gifts for no reason throughout the year instead of tons per person at Christmas (making the Christmas Spirit live on ) And although I love to be in front of a fire, there are situations that will get me to brave the cold- caroling, sleigh rides, sledding, building a snowman, etc.

I like the line in yours about feeling magical- that's true for me- I just want to take all the happiness in.
    Was yours accurate?
    Very nice! I like your thoughts on letting the spirit of Christmas last all year. There's a song about that...Oh yeah, it's from A Muppet Christmas Carol:

"It Feels Like Christmas"
    It is the season of the heart
    A special time of caring
    The ways of love made clear
    It is the season of the sprit
    The message if we hear it
    Is make it last all year...

I love that song and the message it tells us. :D

Mine was pretty accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post

I do love all the fun the holidays bring and enjoy being with family and loved ones. My wife and I try to only give one great present to our relatives, although sometimes you can't help getting some other things that are perfect for certain people. While I have a lot of decorations, they're not tacky and are all very special to me in one way or another. I love looking at Christmas lights and decorations on/at people's houses! And the holidays definitely bring otu my inner child! Not that I hid my inner child at all, but I feel like a kid all over again at Christmastime.

And yes, certain smells do bring back fond Christmas memories from the past...As do certain songs and TV specials.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com