Thread: Christmas records that get you right there...

Hybrid View

Christmas records that get you right there...

There are some christmas records that can get you all emotional. This is one of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L59J1Xd-Cs (Johnny Cash - The Christmas Spirit)
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

It's I'll Be home for Christmas by Bing Crosby that does it for me!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

gosh, there are more than a few but, "Jesus, Jesus Rest Your Head" by the Roger Wagner Chorale, Sally Terry: soloist, comes to mind.

Mole, I can see why you picked that one. I had never heard it before.

I always get emotional at "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
    "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas".
    Calvin Coolidge

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    chris rea...driving home for chriatmas..

Ella Fitzgerald - Secret Of Christmas and Ray Charles - Spirit Of Christmas are two that i love.

Eagles: Please Come Home for Christmas
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My mom bought the records in the late-70s. Then we bought the cassettes in the 80s. Today, I own the CD.s

Pretty much every song on these 'gets me right there'

220px-Time_Life_Treasury_of_Christmas_cover.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post
    My mom bought the records in the late-70s. Then we bought the cassettes in the 80s. Today, I own the CD.s

Pretty much every song on these 'gets me right there'

220px-Time_Life_Treasury_of_Christmas_cover.jpg
    what are some of the titles and artists that are on this album, Classic Christmas?

never mind, I just looked it up. looks like it's got some really good Christmas music..
    Last edited by steph535; 10-25-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    what are some of the titles and artists that are on this album, Classic Christmas?

never mind, I just looked it up. looks like it's got some really good Christmas music..
    There are some songs on there that certainly weren't my 'style' at one time, but they've grown on me. After listening to this album/cassette/CD the last thirty-plus years, it simply wouldn't be Christmas without hearing it now.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169