Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast

Thread: what made you sad today

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    That's quite an increase. When We first moved to this house. prices were about 70% less than now. I'm sick of paying so much for electric and gas! I'm constantly turning lights off!
    I almost know what you mean..
    Imagine here, in my country, when people live with 200 and 400 euros and have to pay just for electricity 100 euros the less.. (and the rent for a small house costs about 300-400 euros..)
    It makes you wanna cry!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    That's quite an increase. When We first moved to this house. prices were about 70% less than now. I'm sick of paying so much for electric and gas! I'm constantly turning lights off!
    it makes me OM..

nothing right now..

one of my daughters, who turned 21 this past June, had been on an anti seizure medication for about 6 years. before she was on it, she had had 3 gran mal seizures in her life, spaced many years apart. the first one at 14 months, the second at 9 years, and the third at 15 years. since she turned 21, she was no longer eligible for the insurance she was on, so she had to go off the med and has not taken it since the end of june. this past summer, when we were visiting my sister, her family , and my mother up north, my daughter, decided to stay and live with them and got a job (her first). well, today, my sister called me to say that my daughter had had a seizure. she took her to the ER, even though she knew there was basically nothing they could do for her, but my daughter wanted to go. they ran some tests, that were all negative (they almost always are, unless a seizure is occurring at the time) but they gave her a prescription, which is great except how is she going to fill it without money or insurance? she doesn't earn much and my sister can't afford it. but, hopefully something will work out because she really needs the medication. she had the seizure around 2 this afternoon and by midnight, she still was not feeling right. it hurts her to eat or to walk.. she felt so disoriented earlier; it scared her.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    one of my daughters, who turned 21 this past June, had been on an anti seizure medication for about 6 years. before she was on it, she had had 3 gran mal seizures in her life, spaced many years apart. the first one at 14 months, the second at 9 years, and the third at 15 years. since she turned 21, she was no longer eligible for the insurance she was on, so she had to go off the med and has not taken it since the end of june. this past summer, when we were visiting my sister, her family , and my mother up north, my daughter, decided to stay and live with them and got a job (her first). well, today, my sister called me to say that my daughter had had a seizure. they ran some tests, that were all negative (they almost always are, unless a seizure is occurring at the time) but they gave her a prescription, which is great except how is she going to fill it without money or insurance? she doesn't earn much and my sister can't afford it. but, hopefully something will work out because she really needs the medication. she had the seizure around 2 this afternoon and by midnight, she still was not feeling right. it hurts her to eat or to walk.. she felt so disoriented earlier; it scared her.
    thats so sad my friend..yeah know we all like to have money,nice homes,holidays,but the most important thing is your health..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    thats so sad my friend..yeah know we all like to have money,nice homes,holidays,but the most important thing is your health..
    thanks, frosty. yeah, it takes her a long time to feel halfway normal again. when she could speak at all, she called me just to hear my voice. she wanted her mommy. she still wasn't even up to talking, really, although we did converse a little. she was alone on the 3rd floor when it happened. my niece heard a thud, went upstairs, not right away (long explanation), my niece got my sister and BIL right away, my sister talked to her briefly after it was over, just telling her she had had a seizure and everything was going to be alright and to just rest. my daughter has no memory of that at all, never even knew they were there. she doesn't remember being on the floor, even. she said she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't and even wondered if she was back here in Florida. that was after the seizure, of course. I know she's been through this before and she'll be alright but this is the first time I couldn't be there to give her comfort.

thanks, frosty. yeah, it takes her a long time to feel halfway normal again. when she could speak at all, she called me just to hear my voice. she wanted her mommy. she still wasn't even up to talking, really, although we did converse a little. she was alone on the 3rd floor when it happened. my niece heard a thud, went upstairs, not right away (long explanation), my niece got my sister and BIL right away, my sister talked to her briefly after it was over, just telling her she had had a seizure and everything was going to be alright and to just rest. my daughter has no memory of that at all, never even knew they were there. she doesn't remember being on the floor, even. she said she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't and even wondered if she was back here in Florida. that was after the seizure, of course. I know she's been through this before and she'll be alright but this is the first time I couldn't be there to give her comfort.
    hope your daughter gets well soon steph535..(((huggs))))

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    hope your daughter gets well soon steph535..(((huggs))))
    thank you, frosty

one of my daughters, who turned 21 this past June, had been on an anti seizure medication for about 6 years. before she was on it, she had had 3 gran mal seizures in her life, spaced many years apart. the first one at 14 months, the second at 9 years, and the third at 15 years. since she turned 21, she was no longer eligible for the insurance she was on, so she had to go off the med and has not taken it since the end of june. this past summer, when we were visiting my sister, her family , and my mother up north, my daughter, decided to stay and live with them and got a job (her first). well, today, my sister called me to say that my daughter had had a seizure. she took her to the ER, even though she knew there was basically nothing they could do for her, but my daughter wanted to go. they ran some tests, that were all negative (they almost always are, unless a seizure is occurring at the time) but they gave her a prescription, which is great except how is she going to fill it without money or insurance? she doesn't earn much and my sister can't afford it. but, hopefully something will work out because she really needs the medication. she had the seizure around 2 this afternoon and by midnight, she still was not feeling right. it hurts her to eat or to walk.. she felt so disoriented earlier; it scared her.
    Sorry to hear that steph, I hope something will come along soon....
    Merry Christmas to all...

The horrid weather...
    Merry Christmas to all...