Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast

Thread: what made you sad today

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    a little 4 year old girl was hit by a car and killed today at our small apartment complex. I didn't know the girl or her family at all. I had picked up my son from school, and we had done a little grocery shopping. I was driving home, and an ems truck needed to turn on the road ahead of me, so of course I let it. it's lights had just started flashing, but not siren. anyway, it went ahead and I didn't pay more attention to it. when we turned onto the main street in our complex, there was the same ems truck and a fire truck. I had thought maybe one of the older residents had had a stroke or something. then I learned a mother had backed over her own daughter. This ems truck had not even been headed there, but construction workers who had been working in our apt complex had witnessed the whole accident and one of them had just happened to flag down this ems truck, so when we got there, the accident had literally JUST happened. there is only one way onto our very short street, which was blocked by the emergency vehicles and by the yellow tape (which is still there, hours later) so I could not park on our street (which I am NOT complaining about) so, my son and I carried our few groceries to our apartment, having to pass by the scene of the accident on the way and there was blood on the pavement. the girl was taken to a local hospital in critical condition a couple hours ago, but now they say the girl has died. one woman, who lives in the apt where I parked my car, told me this mother has a drinking problem, so I hope she had not been drinking when she drove over her little girl or she will most likely be charged with manslaughter. (which she should be, if she was drinking). I just feel bad for this whole family.
    oh my God, that's really sad, poor girl
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

thanks, everyone, for your kindness, even though I know I didn't even know this family. and, as it turns out, this poor mother had not been drinking, as far as I know. she and the little girl were both in their SUV when the mom started to back out. then, the father suddenly came out, so the mother stopped the car, temporarily, to talk to him. while they were talking, just a few minutes, the little girl got out of the car, unbeknownst to either of her parents. so, when the mother then continued to back out of their parking spot and continue down the street, she thought her daughter was still in the car. Easy to see how this could happen. Like Merry commented on another thread, there should be mandatory rear cameras on all cars and trucks. (except, according to the local news, the little girl ran in front of the vehicle and with an SUV, it would be difficult to see a small child who is close to the front of the car.)

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    i feel so tired this morning..

Nothing..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    i feel so tired this morning..
    I am exhausted - woke up at 2am and never feel back to sleep!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    thanks, everyone, for your kindness, even though I know I didn't even know this family. and, as it turns out, this poor mother had not been drinking, as far as I know. she and the little girl were both in their SUV when the mom started to back out. then, the father suddenly came out, so the mother stopped the car, temporarily, to talk to him. while they were talking, just a few minutes, the little girl got out of the car, unbeknownst to either of her parents. so, when the mother then continued to back out of their parking spot and continue down the street, she thought her daughter was still in the car. Easy to see how this could happen. Like Merry commented on another thread, there should be mandatory rear cameras on all cars and trucks. (except, according to the local news, the little girl ran in front of the vehicle and with an SUV, it would be difficult to see a small child who is close to the front of the car.)
    OMG, this is just so sad, unbelievable.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

nothing right now.

Poor people on the streets begging.. So many...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Poor people on the streets begging.. So many...
    olga i was in london about a month ago..its scary seeing people begging on the streets of london..the world is changing my friend..not for the better either..

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    olga i was in london about a month ago..its scary seeing people begging on the streets of london..the world is changing my friend..not for the better either..
    Yea, I totally agree...
    So sad, people can not make it for a living any more, and states and countries do not care and have actually brought poor people to that dreadful point....
    Imagine in Greece whats happening...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)