Thread: Help with Advent Calendar

Question Help with Advent Calendar

Hello! I am making my daughters an advent calendar using a mini-cupcake pan. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for small prizes to go in the calendar? I will put some candy, maybe tiny christmas bows in one, ornaments for our tree in another, and maybe a recipe for cookies in another. I am having trouble thinking of other items to fill the rest of the calendar. Thanks so much for any ideas you could share!

Quote Originally Posted by christmasfun View Post
    Hello! I am making my daughters an advent calendar using a mini-cupcake pan. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for small prizes to go in the calendar? I will put some candy, maybe tiny christmas bows in one, ornaments for our tree in another, and maybe a recipe for cookies in another. I am having trouble thinking of other items to fill the rest of the calendar. Thanks so much for any ideas you could share!
    does she have peirced ears maybe earrings or a nice bracelet. I am inetested in how you are making this. do you have any pics? do you just put items in each mini muffin slot or do you cover it with paper or tissue or something. Can you explain your thought on this?
    presentspresentspresentspresentspresentspresentspr esentspresentspresentspresents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

CVS has cute stocking stuffers for $1, if you have one near you you might want to check there. Candy cane pens, Christmas magnets and Santa rolling stampers.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

thanks I will be going by there tomorrow. I printed out an advent calendar from FamilyFun.com but I really would like to buy the ones with choclates in them. or make my own.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I've found places like Party City are great for little things like that. I get a lot of stocking stuffers there.

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you for the ideas! They are good ones! I found an advent calendar like the one I am making on etsy. I used sheets of magnet and cut them into squares big enough to cover each muffin cup. Then I decorated the magnet sheets with pretty scrapbook paper and embellishments, along with numbers for each day. I don't have any pics yet, but when I finish I will try to take some pictures. It is a fun project to work on! THanks again for all the suggestions!
    Laura

:tree: christmas countdown advent calender

Hi. I need more ideas on what to put in my christmas countdown advent calender. I already have some ideas: candy, small jewelry and charms, a special note,but as you can see this is not enough for 25 days! Soooo, I really need your help. I really want to make this Christams special so can you please help me! Thank you so much! i really appreciate it! :christmastree::snowman::kinky elf:

Quote Originally Posted by christmasfun View Post
    hey! email me at sbressi@gmail.com or mabressi@gmail.com or justiceblue97@gmail.com. i have a whole buch of awesome ideas for you!!! so check it out and email me asap! i am hoping to hear from you(or for anyone else that reads this comment-i will be happy to help you too!) ttyl. :-)
    Last edited by fashionista25; 11-15-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: made an error in typing

:santa:

Stickers, fudge pieces, if she has a barbie a christmas outfit for the doll, or for boys a matchbox car in either red or green, some coins they can spend on whatever they want, one of those plastic rings or other children's jewlery, a charm if she has a charm bracelet already and a small jigsaw puzzle. Hope any of this helps

:snow: Advent Calender

Little Hershey Kisses, Christmas charms like angel pins or santa and tree pins I think would be nice. I am working on one also made with matchboxes. I think its fun.
    Beepresents