Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To people who say I 'overdo' Christmas

To people who say I 'overdo' Christmas

To people who say I 'overdo' Christmas by feeling it and looking forward to it all year, I say,

"I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays--let them overtake me unexpectedly--waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself, 'Why, this is Christmas Day!'"

This quote is from David Grayson, but it sums up perfectly how I feel about Christmas: I do feel it all year, the spirit, the humanity, the kindness and love. The excitement... I drift welcoming into the holidays and though I look to it all year I turn around one day and say, "Why, it's here!". Just as I am tonight

Yes, it here Christmas_mama Have a wonderful day with your beautiful family

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Thank you Silverbells, and a very merry Christmas to you! Hope you are having a lovely time

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Love love love this!!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Love love love this!!!!

You're back!! I hope you had a lovely Christmas with that lovely family of yours

Yes, and as John Greenleaf Whittier said, "Somehow, not only at Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you. I love Christmas and had a very nice one myself.

It snowed today!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I think it is impossible to overdo Christmas!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I love both quotes, thanks for sharing. When Christmas comes around, it's over before you know it.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

I agree to all futured posts! Christmas are 24-7-365!
    Christmas beliver with a passion for christmas-lights

See you at, http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu/

I don't know why people think it's BAD to overdue Christmas! Christmas is such a wonderful time, why not want to overdue it!?
    "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas".
    Calvin Coolidge