Thread: (UK only topic) Showbiz news for week ending 23/12/12

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK

(UK only topic) Showbiz news for week ending 23/12/12

This week UK X Factor contestant James Arthur follows in the footsteps of previous contestants Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Avicii, Leon Jackson, X Factor Finalists, Alexandra Burke, Flo Rida,Laza Morgan, Diana Vickers, JLS, Dev, X Factor Finalists 2009, Joe McElderry, Olly Murs, Rizzle Kicks, X Factor Finalists 2011, Matt Cardle, Cher Lloyd, Mike Posner, Astro, Sean Kingston, One Direction and Little Mix by having a single enter http://acharts.us/world_singles_top_40 in the World Singles Top 40.

James Arthur's single Impossible has reached number 3 in the world singles chart week ending 29th December 2012 making it the highest new entry outselling artists such as Cassadee Pope and News who enter at 27 and 29 respectively, this week's number 1 is Bruno Mars who with his single Locked Out Of Heaven this week replaced AKB48 as the number 1 selling artist in the world.

A impressive start to James Arthur's career, number 3 is the highest chart placing to date for a X Factor Winner's single in the World Singles Chart, continuing a good run for James Arthur in showbiz news.

In other news South Korean pop star PSY has reached over 1 billion views http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp...layer_embedded on youtube, making his video Gangnam Style which is number 1 in the youtube top 100 the first to reach 1 billion views on youtube, which I personally think when you consider that in the space of less than 6 months from July 2012 to December 2012 1/7 of the whole world population has watched Gangnam Style pretty staggering.

Perhaps Gangnam Style is popular enough for the whole world to know the dance?

I would conclude that PSY is continuing on a good run this week.

And finally I would say this week has been a embarrassing week for Ronald Emmerich, my verdict is it might be the end of the world but it's not 10,000 BC.

That was my take on showbiz news for week ending 23/12/12, Guys and Gals from all around the world let me know what you think of it.

Thanks, MCjakeqcool
    Last edited by mcjakeqcool; 12-24-2012 at 12:37 PM.