Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    How fun! We stayed on the grounds for the first time the last time we went- I liked it alot. I liked being connected by monorail to everything. We were at the Grand Floridian- we picked that one because I believe it was the most expensive and my sister was doing an internship for Disney, so got us a discount. We'd never be able to stay there without it, so we figured we should experience it while we could. From our balcony we could see Cinderella's castle- it changed colors all through the night.

I love going with alot of family- I hope you have a great time!!
    Grand Floridan, wow, would love to stay there but at $399 and up a night it will be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Donna, are you a Disney Vacation Club member? If not, it's definitely something you and your family should look into. My wife and I joined DVC last September and we've already been to Disneyland, Saratoga Springs Resort in WDW, and are going back to WDW to stay at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village this October. It's well worth it...Let me know if you want more info! :D

We've never done a meal plan bc we don't always do table service meals either. I'd rather eat breakfast and lunch at a quick service place and have dinner at a nicer table service place. Where are ya'll going in August? All four parks? Have you ever eaten at Cinderella's Royal Table? A friend told me we really need to eat there in October, but I don't know if I'd be able to get reservations this late.
    I will look into the DVC membership. Haven't been to Disney for years except for one day last year. My DH is disabled and I have to make arrangements for someone to take care of him so this will be our first real vacation in 10 years.

Haven't been to Cinderella's Royal Table but we do have reservations for the day we will be at MK. We are going to do all 4 parks this time. I've never been to AK and looking forward to it.

We will be staying for 7 nights and only want to do the parks for 4 days. The other days I figured we can relax a little and go to Down Town Disney and the Boardwalk. We are also going to eat at 1900 house. Mostly character meals this time, except we are going to Boma because I heard that is very good.

Should be fun and I have started walking to get in shape for all the walking. I have teens and they also want to go from one side to the other all day long. I think I will stick with my grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    The Grand Floridian is super nice! I've never stayed there bc of the price, but we hope to sometime in the future now that we're DVC Members and can use our points to stay at Disney resorts. :D I'd love to see Cinderella's Castle change colors from my room! And I agree, it's fun going with a lot of family...We're going with my parents, sister and brother, and their significant others this October and we can't wait!!!!
    You know, I don't recall it being magnificent or anything (maybe my memory is foggy- it was 6 years ago). It was nice, but it wasn't as if everything there were included in the price. The room was just a room (with Disney accents) and was in a separate building than the main hotel part (which was pretty and had stores and restaurants, etc.) It could have been because we went in January and it was a bit cold, so we didn't do anything outside there except the hot tub. I don't really have an itch to go back there. Maybe I'll feel differently after trying out the others.
    Seeing the castle at night was delightful, though. And being just across the river from the Magic Kingdom...

I think I'll look into the Disney Vacation Club. I have their credit card and they're always sending me things about it, but I've never really read up on it.

You'll have to tell me about the Animal Kingdom hotel when you get back. That's where the animals can come right near the place, right?
    Last edited by Mistletoe; 06-02-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    Grand Floridan, wow, would love to stay there but at $399 and up a night it will be a while.
    Is that how much it is? Haha...yeah, I won't be back for awhile. (I told my sister she should have stayed in the program! lol)
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I will look into the DVC membership. Haven't been to Disney for years except for one day last year. My DH is disabled and I have to make arrangements for someone to take care of him so this will be our first real vacation in 10 years.

Haven't been to Cinderella's Royal Table but we do have reservations for the day we will be at MK. We are going to do all 4 parks this time. I've never been to AK and looking forward to it.

We will be staying for 7 nights and only want to do the parks for 4 days. The other days I figured we can relax a little and go to Down Town Disney and the Boardwalk. We are also going to eat at 1900 house. Mostly character meals this time, except we are going to Boma because I heard that is very good.

Should be fun and I have started walking to get in shape for all the walking. I have teens and they also want to go from one side to the other all day long. I think I will stick with my grandchildren.
    4 parks in 4 days? Wow.

I feel like I need two weeks to fully appreciate it all and take it in. lol

I will look into the DVC membership.
    I think I'll look into the Disney Vacation Club. I have their credit card and they're always sending me things about it, but I've never really read up on it.
    You really should! Especially if you're big Disney fans and go on a vacation (to anywhere, not just DL or WDW) a couple times a year. Not only does it allow you to stay at Disney resorts (like Grand Floridian, POP Century, Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Villas, etc) but you can also exchange your "points" to stay at hotels around the world! Can you tell how much we love it?! :D

Check out the Disney Vacation Club site to read more info and/or order a DVD...Or let me know and I can get our DVC representative to send you info.

And Kerith, you already know about the great discounts and rewards you can get with the Disney Visa...Well, DVC Members get special discounts at the parks, resorts and more! Plus there are a number of "Member Perks" and special events for DVC Members only. :D
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 06-02-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Well it sounds like you deserve this! And what a place to go for vacation! :D

Where are you eating at the MK? When my wife and I were there back in 2003 we had reservations for the Crystal Palace, which turned out to be great bc as we were in the top of the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse it started pouring (as it does so often in FL) and everyone started fleeing to the restaurants...So, as others were stuck outside waiting on a table we were inside getting dry and even got a chance to dine with Winnie the Pooh and friends.

AK is so much fun! We can't wait to take our son bc he loves animals...I know he'll love seeing all of the elephants and giraffes.

There's a lot to do at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk. My wife and I took the ferry from Saratoga Springs over to DTD a number of times while we were down the other weekend. We had dinner at Raglan Road, the Irish pub and it was delicious! We really wanted to take a ride on the Characters in Flight balloon, but everytime we were there it was either closed due to rain or high winds. Maybe next time...DisneyQuest would be a lot of fun for your grandchildren. It's basically a giant 5 story video arcade. My wife and I spent a few hours there, but it wasn't much for us. We had fun, but I think teenagers and kids would have the most fun.

Please tell me to stop if I'm being too much of a Disney fanatic... I get so excited about it sometimes that I don't know when to stop! I have other tips if you care to hear more; mostly about places to eat and things to do.
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 06-02-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

You know, I don't recall it being magnificent or anything (maybe my memory is foggy- it was 6 years ago). It was nice, but it wasn't as if everything there were included in the price. The room was just a room (with Disney accents) and was in a separate building than the main hotel part (which was pretty and had stores and restaurants, etc.) It could have been because we went in January and it was a bit cold, so we didn't do anything outside there except the hot tub. I don't really have an itch to go back there. Maybe I'll feel differently after trying out the others.
    Seeing the castle at night was delightful, though. And being just across the river from the Magic Kingdom...

You'll have to tell me about the Animal Kingdom hotel when you get back. That's where the animals can come right near the place, right?
    Hmmm, maybe it was bc of the time of year...I know we really enjoyed walking around Saratoga Springs while we were there; exploring the grounds, enjoying the pools (and the poolside bars), eating, shopping, etc. Oh I love all of the Disney accents! They always do such a great job with theming.

Yes, the Animal Kingdom Lodge has it's own savannahs which are right behind the resort. Giraffes, Zebras and other animals can walk right up close to your balcony, which would be a nice view in the morning as well!

You know what, I never uploaded any photos of our trip to DL onto here did I? And I definitely haven't uploaded any from Saratoga Springs...I need to get busy!
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 06-02-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

just missing everybody. Been having trouble breathing again. but I will call 911 if it gets too bad!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    just missing everybody. Been having trouble breathing again. but I will call 911 if it gets too bad!
    Bobbi, I hope you are feeling better this morning and are no longer having trouble breathing...We're thinking of you!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com