Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: My New Username

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,049

    My New Username

    I changed my username to honor the memory of my husband. The old song was Marshmallow World; the new one is Merry Christmas Darling (The Carpenters).

    Greeting cards have all been sent
    The Christmas rush is through
    But I still have one wish to make
    A special one for you

    Merry Christmas darling
    We're apart that's true
    But I can dream and in my dreams
    I'm Christmas-ing with you

    Holidays are joyful
    There's always something new
    But every day's a holiday
    When I'm near to you
    The lights on my tree
    I wish you could see
    I wish it every day
    Logs on the fire
    Fill me with desire
    To see you and to say

    That I wish you Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year, too
    I've just one wish
    On this Christmas Eve
    I wish I were with you

    Instrumental Interlude

    Logs on the fire
    Fill me with desire
    To see you and to say
    That I wish you Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year, too
    I've just one wish
    On this Christmas Eve
    I wish I were with you
    I wish I were with you

    (Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas - Darling)

    http://xmasfun.com/Lyrics.asp?ID=94

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,869
    sounds like you picked the perfect song, although it will be somewhat tough to not think of you as MW or Marshmallow World. Do you know I had never even heard of that song until I joined this forum and saw your (now former) screen name? by the way, your post is very touching. My heart goes out to you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I changed my username to honor the memory of my husband. The old song was Marshmallow World; the new one is Merry Christmas Darling (The Carpenters).

    Greeting cards have all been sent
    The Christmas rush is through
    But I still have one wish to make
    A special one for you

    Merry Christmas darling
    We're apart that's true
    But I can dream and in my dreams
    I'm Christmas-ing with you

    Holidays are joyful
    There's always something new
    But every day's a holiday
    When I'm near to you
    The lights on my tree
    I wish you could see
    I wish it every day
    Logs on the fire
    Fill me with desire
    To see you and to say

    That I wish you Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year, too
    I've just one wish
    On this Christmas Eve
    I wish I were with you

    Instrumental Interlude

    Logs on the fire
    Fill me with desire
    To see you and to say
    That I wish you Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year, too
    I've just one wish
    On this Christmas Eve
    I wish I were with you
    I wish I were with you

    (Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas - Darling)

    http://xmasfun.com/Lyrics.asp?ID=94
    Beautiful and poignant....MCD.........Merryxmas.jpg
    Merry Christmas to all...




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    sounds like you picked the perfect song, although it will be somewhat tough to not think of you as MW or Marshmallow World. Do you know I had never even heard of that song until I joined this forum and saw your (now former) screen name? by the way, your post is very touching. My heart goes out to you.
    Changing my name cheered me up! So you never heard Marshmallow World? I introduced another song to my daughter and granddaughter:

    http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...sigb=11pn512rv

    My granddaughter told her band director about this one and they'll be using it in their Christmas program.

    Another one that many people haven't heard is Strawberry Snow.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcpYtequ2bs

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Beautiful and poignant....MCD.......
    Thank you! I ran across that and thought,"Oh, that's perfect." We lived in a house with a fireplace for seven years ---- good memories.

  6. #6
    frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,744
    that is soo touching MCD....what a lovely thing to do in memory of your husband.....big hug!............

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553
    I like the new username and the reason you changed the old one

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I like the new username and the reason you changed the old one
    Thank you!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    that is soo touching MCD....what a lovely thing to do in memory of your husband.....big hug!............
    Thank you. He had a dream that he wasn't able to fulfill. He had always wanted to go to Scotland!

  10. #10
    frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Thank you. He had a dream that he wasn't able to fulfill. He had always wanted to go to Scotland!
    MCD maybe someday you can fullfill his dream for him and visit scotland yourself......its a beautiful place..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr